PDA

View Full Version : Quick: Peapod Plus travel bed or P&T Traveller for 2.5 yo

edurnemk
07-13-2010, 04:59 PM
We'll be travelling to Cancun, and I know the cribs they have at the hotel are terrible. I don't want to take the bulky PnP. Which would be better for my 2.5 yo DS? Does anyone have toddlers that sleep OK in the Peapod plus, I'm concerned that he'll have a hard time sleeping in a tent. On the other hand I don't want to shell out $200 for a product that will only last a few month or a year (P&T and Bjorn travel beds say they're suitable for children up to 3 years). I love the concept, but it's a lot of money.

arivecchi
07-13-2010, 05:02 PM
For our 3 yo, we use these bumpers which you can travel with and simply tuck them under the fitted sheet of any bed. Just another option.

http://www.gobedbug.com/

DietCokeLover
07-13-2010, 05:03 PM
My DC sleep really well in their pea pods. They are 2.5 and 3.5.

Katigre
07-13-2010, 05:06 PM
Our hotel in Cancun had pack n plays but we didn't use them - we just had them sleep in a regular bed. At 2.5 your DS is probably old enough to not need a 'contained' space. Honestly it is so much easier not having to bring along a place to sleep when traveling.

arivecchi
07-13-2010, 05:11 PM
At 2.5 your DS is probably old enough to not need a 'contained' space. I agree with this.

edurnemk
07-13-2010, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I'd like to just let him sleep on a bed, but there won't be enough beds for him to have his own. And sharing a bed with him would mean no sleep for me! He moves around and kicks all night, and the beds are full size beds. Also DS still sleeps in a crib at home, I don't know if he'd stay on his bed if he wasn't "contained".

I've stayed in this resort before, when he was 6 months, and I wish they had PnP's, but it's just horrible, rickety wooden cribs with low rails and slats that are very far apart, and one even had missing screws (I asked for them to bring another crib that time).

I don't think our PnP is big enough for him anymore, plus I want to avoid paying extra bagagge fees.

Oh, this should be a simple decision, right? Has anyone used the P&T or the Bjorn with older toddlers? Would it be worth it?

Katigre
07-13-2010, 05:15 PM
Has anyone used the P&T or the Bjorn with older toddlers? Would it be worth it?
I put DS in the Bjorn travel bed at BBB just for fun at age 3 and he fit in it.