PDA

View Full Version : ADR's ~ need a few more recommendations

billysmommy
07-13-2010, 08:55 PM
I :heartbeat: Disney planning :)

It's almost time to make our ADR's....I need a couple more recommendations. One for a dinner at MK and one for another Epcot dinner. Thanks :)

Fri ~ arrive late afternoon
Beaches & Cream for dinner and play in the pool

Sat ~ early breakfast at Crystal Palace
dinner at Rose & Crown

Sun ~ early breakfast at Hollywood & Vine
boys are going to Neverland Club at the Poly for a few hours while I have a treat
at the GF spa and then wander the shops at MK by myself :)

Mon ~ pirate cruise from the YC/BC for the boys
hang out at the pool
over to MK for dinner, Spectro and fireworks. We've never eaten dinner at the MK
before....any recommendations?

Tues ~ early breakfast at Tusker House
dinner at Garden Grill

Wed ~ early breakfast at O'Hana's
need another Epcot dinner....maybe Chefs de France, we've done Coral Reef, Le
Cellier and Nine Dragons and were not impressed.

DH is flying down Wednesday evening and will be with us for the next 3 days

Thurs ~ grab breakfast at Main St bakery ~ yummy!!!
dinner at Rose & Crown

Fri ~ quick breakfast at either Boardwalk Bakery or Starring Rolls depending if we go to
Epcot or DHS
dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse

Sat ~ early breakfast at CRT
dinner at San Angel Inn

egoldber
07-13-2010, 09:42 PM
For an MK dinner, there is Liberty Tree Tavern, Plaza and Tony's Town Square. The LTT used to be a character dinner, but not any more.

As for Epcot, the Mexico restaurant is highly mediocre, but we like the setting inside the pyramid. :) Biergarten is fun in a very cheesy way, as is the place in Morocco with the belly dancers whose name escapes me at the moment.....

TwinFoxes
07-13-2010, 09:49 PM
For our trip in Oct, I really wanted Biergarten because I'd never been, but it was closed for some reason. It looks fun! There's also the restaurant in Epcot that's in an aquarium. I can't remember the name...

Totally agree about the Mexican place. Food, eh, service eh-er, but the setting is great!

bnme
07-13-2010, 10:28 PM
I like Tony's for before Spectro (assuming parade hasn't changed routes in the past few years). We try to time it so we will be done just before Spectro starts and have gotten great viewing from the sidewalk out front. Food has been mediocre to good typical americanized italian stuff.

There is a new italian place in Epcot that is sapposed to be very good. Or you could always take a break from the park and walk over to the Boardwalk area. The old Spoodles is now Cat Cora's (sp?) restaurant. I went to the place in Morocco a looong time ago and it was really fun.

billysmommy
07-13-2010, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the tips....I'd forgotten about Biergarten. I think the boys would really like that one.

The Mexican restaurant is actually our favorite...we almost didn't go the first trip since we'd heard bad reviews but that ended up being Dh and my favorite meal of the trip.....which may be because of the top shelf margaritas :boogie: :boogie: We end each trip with dinner there on our last night

Of Liberty Tree Tavern, the Plaza and Tony's, which do you prefer? Is the Plaza the one that's across Main St from Casey's?

DebbieJ
07-14-2010, 12:19 AM
I know it's not an ADR, but we really enjoyed our food at the Sunshine Seasons Food Court in The Land at Epcot--even better than our dinner at Garden Grill!

bnme
07-14-2010, 04:47 PM
The Mexican restaurant is actually our favorite...we almost didn't go the first trip since we'd heard bad reviews but that ended up being Dh and my favorite meal of the trip.....which may be because of the top shelf margaritas :boogie: :boogie: We end each trip with dinner there on our last night

Of Liberty Tree Tavern, the Plaza and Tony's, which do you prefer? Is the Plaza the one that's across Main St from Casey's?

We've always loved the Mexican, too. The themeing and the margaritas make it! I have thought the food to be good as well. Not the greateast Mexican I ever ate or anything.

I've only eaten at Tony's. But I don't find LTT menu appealing and I would try The Plaza for sanwiches and burgers but very different menues overall. (If I were using a dinning credit I would probably pick Tony's since The Plaza seems more similar to a CS lunch in choices (although hopefully better).

egoldber
07-14-2010, 06:39 PM
It's been a long time since I've eaten at Tony's. I like the food at LTT, but I haven't been there since it stopped doing a character dinner. I've never eaten at Plaza.

mytwosons
07-15-2010, 08:10 AM
LTT was probably the best food of our trip this winter. It's family style thanksgiving type fare, so that may not appeal to you if it's really hot outside. Our waiter was fun, too!

Crystal Palace has a character dinner but we found the food blah and it took forever to see all the characters.

jacksmom2009
07-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Ohanas for dinner.