PDA

View Full Version : Pop Century vs Coronado Springs

lhafer
07-14-2010, 01:08 AM
I posted the other day about not being able to make up my mind. Well here are some on property choices now thrown in the mix!!! Which one would you choose and why??

Background on the trip: Going will be myself, DH, DD (4yrs), and DD (9 months at time of travel). We are going Nov 27 - Dec 5th. We have never been to WDW before. We will be flying, and if staying on property, NOT renting a car if we can avoid it.

Pop Century: I have the following price quote:
Pop Century Resort - standard view
Nov 27th - Dec 5th 2010
2 adults
2 children 4 & 9 months
9 night Magic Your Way Plus Dining Package (upgraded from the FREE quick service dining plan)
9 night Magic Your Way base park ticket
NO PARK HOPPER OPTION
NO WATER PARK FUN AND MORE OPTION
NO TRIP INSURANCE
$1,723.57

Coronado Springs Resort: I have the following price quote:
Coronado Springs Resort - standard view
Nov 27th - Dec 5th 2010
2 adults
2 children 4 & 9 months
9 night Magic Your Way Plus Dining Package
9 night Magic Your Way base park ticket
NO PARK HOPPER OPTION
NO WATER PARK FUN AND MORE OPTION
NO TRIP INSURANCE
$2,189.69

Now I have read rave things about the Pop resort. And I hear that most don't care for the theming of the CSR. From what I have seen online, it's fine. I think the Pop has some really cute decor. I am just looking for a relaxing vacation with my family. I don't want to be too cramped in the room. I REALLY like that CSR provides queen beds instead of doubles. The baby will be in a PNP, not sleeping in a bed with us. The 4 year old will have her own bed. And since I breastfeed, I really would like a refrigerator in the room.

Based on this info, which resort is a better deal for my family???

Momof3Labs
07-14-2010, 07:55 AM
The rooms at Pop are really, really tight, especially with a PNP in the room. If the extra money isn't a big deal, I'd go with CSR over Pop.

Wife_and_mommy
07-14-2010, 08:14 AM
Also ask/research whether a fridge is included in PC. It isn't included in the value so costs at least $10/day(can't remember exact price). It's included at CSR.

egoldber
07-14-2010, 08:26 AM
A fridge is included at all the moderates. You can ask for one in the Values and it is $10 a day. But if you need one for a medical reason, they do not charge.

I think the theming at CSR is beautiful, but the resort is very spread out and if you get a room far from the main building, it's a lot of walking to get to the CS restaurant. I also really do not like the layout of the CS at CSR. It's a hybrid of CS and sitdown and I find it difficult to manage with small kids.

Are looking at CSR for a reason in particular or are you open to other moderates?

We like Pop, but we co-sleep with our kids when we travel and so the PNP space has never been an issue for us.

JTsMom
07-14-2010, 09:37 AM
I've stayed at both- same time of year even.

The CSR room is a little bigger, the beds are much more comfortable, the pool has the slide, you have the fridge and can request a microwave for free, and you have the privacy curtain in the bathroom. It's a really beautiful resort, the holiday decorations are nice, the bus service is good, and there are several stops with benches. I really did not like the food court at all. I hear the sit down restaurant is awful too. The resort doesn't feel particularly kid-friendly, and there's not a ton there that will be exciting for them.

Pop was a huge hit with DS1. The themeing is much more Disney-like. Food court was good (but crowded). Lots to look at for both kids and adults. The rooms are smaller, and the beds were awful imo. I know they are starting to renovate though, so that might be better by now. I believe they are even putting in flat screens. The room didn't feel that much smaller to me, but there were only 3 of us, and no PNP. There seemed to be better storage at Pop for clothes and stuff. I wasn't thrilled with the bus situation. You have to walk down to the main hall, and we were on the far end- it took about 5 mins, but after all the walking you do in the parks, I dreaded it. You also have to stand in a line to wait for the bus, as opposed to sitting on a bench at CSR.

Both have their pros and cons. We drive, so the bus situation isn't an issue for us, but I think we all preffered Pop. The savings were icing on the cake.

DebbieJ
07-15-2010, 12:41 AM
We stayed at CSR last month--me, DH, 6 yo DS, and 9 mo DS. There was room for the PNP and, as noted, the fridge was in the room. I would have liked more dresser space, but we managed.

The beds were nice. We didn't eat there at all except the night that DH ran over to Pepper Market and brought food back to the room.

DS LOVED the Dig Site pool, but it can be a long walk depending on where your room is. There are also smaller "quiet pools" near the rooms.

jse107
07-15-2010, 03:43 PM
Haven't stayed at Pop, but we did stay at CSR (pre-renovation) and loved it. I liked that it had it's own bus, the property was beautiful, and the pool was super-fun! It is a large resort, but we requested a room in the "Cabana" section and had no problems at all. I would totally stay there again!