PDA

View Full Version : baby footprints!!!

prats
07-14-2010, 03:03 PM
Is anyone gonna get footprints of baby from hospital to frame it later? What kind of paper should i take? Is there anything specific available for this?

joules
07-14-2010, 03:05 PM
Our hospital does not do this anymore.

I had to go to a scrapbooking store to get the paper and ink and we did it ourselves at home.

swissair81
07-14-2010, 03:11 PM
My hospital does baby footprints & mother fingerprints for ID purposes (in the birthing room, before anyone leaves). They didn't specifically do any for me, but they let me keep their ink pad after they filled out the ID form.

fortato
07-14-2010, 04:08 PM
My hospital did 2 sets... one for the record and one for us to keep.

BabyBearsMom
07-14-2010, 04:08 PM
Our hospital did it for us and gave us a cute little certificate with the foot prints. You might want to check with your hospital to see if they do it already.

We also did the footprints at home in a little cement stepping stone, those came out really cute!

indigo99
07-15-2010, 12:45 AM
Oh my gosh... we had one of those kits to preserve the footrpints. It's hanging in the nursery now and turned out OK. However, it was a major pain to do. As if you need something else to try doing that first week or two... we had to push the baby's feet into this clay that was fairly stiff. Then you mix plaster and pour it in on top to harden. We had to push hard on his poor little feet (I did because DH was afraid to hurt him), and then the indentions are bigger than the actual feet of course.

I didn't know what sort of ink to get and didn't want anything that wouldn't come off easily, but I wish I had just figured that out instead of doing the mold/cast route. If you find a type (probably like the cement stepping stone mentioned) that just lets you push the feet into something more liquid then it is probably easier.

Momit
07-19-2010, 03:06 PM
We got a kit as a shower gift, it included a frame and ink pad. We brought it to the hospital and they made the prints for us using their ink. It was really nice, they just did it during a slow time in their shift and the prints turned out so much better than if we would have done them ourselves.

Dream
07-20-2010, 11:34 AM
I got a foot print from the hospital and then I took both hand and foot prints at home.

yournamehere
07-20-2010, 11:41 AM
my hospital told me to bring in the baby book or scrapbook paper and they would make some sets for us. I would just make sure you use archival paper and ink if your hospital does the same for you.