PDA

View Full Version : Polly pocket / doll type stuff recommendation

csnoop
07-14-2010, 03:51 PM
We need to find a b-day present for DD. She is turning 3 next weeks and really likes playing with my neighbor's polly pocket stuffs (for lack of better terms). I can't really tell what she likes about it. Maybe she likes to manipulate the different outfits and such. I don't really know. But I would prefer not having polly pockets at our house since the pieces are tiny and we are expecting DS in a couple of weeks. I don't want any potential of any kids swallowing the pieces.

Does anyone know of anything like polly pocket but are bigger in size? The only thing I saw are Barbies, which I am not a big fan of. I guess I also prefer things that are not too commericalized it. Thanks!

CC

swissair81
07-14-2010, 03:56 PM
My older dd loves polly pockets & I am very nervous to let my 3 year old dd play with them. So I got dd some of Barbie's younger siblings- http://www.amazon.com/Barbie-Camping-Family-Stacie-Kelly/dp/B0029LI1AE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1279137183&sr=1-3
When I was younger, they used to have Quint dolls. They came 5 little baby dolls in a set & they sold accessories. Something like this: http://www.shopping.com/xPO-MGA-Entertainment-5-Sies-Quintuplets-Dolls

keh602
07-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Have you heard of Snap 'n Style dolls by Fisher-Price? DD has some, and they're very cute. Here's a link (http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=900000&e=storethumb&pcat=fps_presch_snap_n_style). I think they'd fit the bill. :)

kristac
07-14-2010, 04:56 PM
I was going to recommend the snap n style dolls as well.

MissyAg94
07-14-2010, 09:51 PM
Another vote for Snap n Style!

KrisM
07-14-2010, 09:58 PM
Yes, Snap N Style! Toys R Us carries them.

fivi2
07-14-2010, 10:37 PM
Just to be difficult, my girls never cared for the snap n style dolls.

Mine liked things that were tiny. I am happy they have never seen Polly Pocket, or I'd be in big trouble! :) So it may be that your dd likes the small aspect of the toy... (snap and style are not small)

The Only Hearts Dolls at Target have little sisters or something. Smaller dolls with some accessories. (I don't know if they'd be a choking hazard, but they aren't tiny like PP). I doubt the clothes change, but my girls don't care about that.

Also, Playmobil has the 123 line for younger kids. Of course, no clothes, but small.

They aren't really what you asked for, but just a warning that your dd may be into the teeny tiny part, not the clothes part :)

eta: Like Seitvonzu's dd, mine like Calico Critters, but there are some really (really) tiny pieces. So while your dd might like them (and they have little clothes!) they wouldn't be great with baby, imo!

Seitvonzu
07-15-2010, 07:49 AM
i was going to suggest "normal" baby dolls with lots of clothes-- in case it was a clothes changing thing? my kid is OBSESSED with clothes changing-- dressing and disrobing, over andover and over. dolls. stuffed animals. self. but fivi might be right- some kids are SUPER into things being tiny. mine is one of them. she likes calico critters and playmobil (not 123, the real deal)...she is 2.5. it's totally not age appropriate and it's completely annoying, but it is what it is, and we aren't dealing with tiny babies around here....so i indulge this.

(but the pieces drive me INSANE-- seriously, a teeny tiny cup for the dentist set? or a little scraper? ack!)

csnoop
07-15-2010, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! I barely remember playing w/any dolls growing up. I guess that's what happen when you have an older brother. We are off to TRU this weekend to get the Snap & Style dolls. Too bad there isn't one close by our house. I would like to see them before I get them.

DD has a PBK doll (not baby) that she plays with sometimes. She has a hard time changing the outfit herself but she recently she started putting DS's newborn clothes on it.

CC

MissyAg94
07-16-2010, 04:38 PM
I have seen the Snap n Style at Walmart and Kohls as well.