PDA

View Full Version : Recommend your (cheap) name labels

ltmommy
07-14-2010, 05:13 PM
I have ordered from mabels labels and stuck on you, but I am looking for a cheap deal. I have heard a lot of people talk about Label Daddy on the boards, and I see they have a 20% off coupon, but I am still not sure that is the best deal. DCs are old enough now that the labels don't need to be cute, just functional - for backpacks, water bottles and sports stuff mostly. I would DIY it but I am not sure how good the labels will hold up. I have also heard that masking tape and a sharpie works but I would like something a little more permanent. Any recommendations?

Jo..
07-14-2010, 05:35 PM
I would like to NOT recommend Identity Direct. Screwed up my order, tried to blame it on me until I sent email confirmation proof, sent out a second order, screwed that up too. Will NEVER buy from again.

swissair81
07-14-2010, 05:37 PM
Last year Mabel's labels had a back to school sale in late July or early August. It was way more expensive than I wanted at normal price, but it was somewhat more reasonable during the sale.

mjmamma
07-14-2010, 05:56 PM
I would like to NOT recommend Identity Direct. Screwed up my order, tried to blame it on me until I sent email confirmation proof, sent out a second order, screwed that up too. Will NEVER buy from again.
...and my labels came correct but were crappy labels!

Fairy
07-14-2010, 06:10 PM
I just take the black sharpie and write directly on the thing.

garnetgirl
07-14-2010, 06:32 PM
I just take the black sharpie and write directly on the thing.

Yes, and if it's a dark-colored item, I will use a silver Sharpie or a metallic paint pen (the kind you have to shake).

k_k_momma
07-14-2010, 07:01 PM
I tried Name Bubbles since they were running a promo and it is generally cheaper than Mabel Labels, but I must say that I am not impressed with their quality. I find myself having to replace more often since they don't stick as well... if I could do it over again I wish I spent a little bit more and got the Mabel Labels (which aren't as cute) but they hold up great.

logan's mom
07-14-2010, 09:20 PM
I :love5: my label daddy labels. There are cute but not too cutesy, they are super durable. I bought a variety pack of sizes in the fall and I still have a ton left.
They may not be the cheapest but worth the money! I would lose my mind if I had to constantly label things.

mom2mack&max
08-03-2010, 11:21 PM
I found a coupon code for Label Daddy - 20% off entire order SUMMERFUN. I also saw that there was a free shipping code, too. Does anyone know if you can use more than one code on this site?

geochick
08-03-2010, 11:26 PM
I really like my Oliver's Labels. I don't remember how they compare price-wise, though.

ETA:OLIVERSFRIENDS for 10% off...might still work

mominjune
08-04-2010, 02:25 AM
UPDATE:
I highly recommend the ebay seller I bought from below (happyyeeye) but came back to say I DO NOT recommend cutetouch!! I have ordered from cutetouch 2 years ago, and it took a while to get the product but I thought it was a fluke and tried them again. This time a month later, not having gotten anything from them yet, without any communication, they refunded my paypal this morning. They must be out of stock of the two designs I happen to want??? I have no idea. But I will NOT be recommending them or trying them again!!. Good thing I ordered the ones off ebay, they came so quickly so we had them before school started! I am happy with the ebay stickers. They are just like the cute touch ones we had before. I still have not ordered the clothing ones, but probably will at some point. I would not recommend the regular labels for clothing although I haven't actually remembered to try it yet.

Original post:
I've ordered from this company before and they were cute and inexpensive and stayed on really well. Like on our lunch boxes and water bottles that have been washed a million times by hand and by dishwasher.

http://www.cutetouch.com/ct013.asp

However, I just saw these on ebay and thinking of ordering from her this time. They look like the same type of stickers, but they are even cheaper :) and I think she has more cute designs/fonts/sizes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140436066823&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thanks for reminding me to order some labels to label all the school supplies I still need to buy!! :)

citymama
08-04-2010, 02:29 AM
Do these kinds of labels all work on clothing too or just hard goods like lunch boxes and bottles?

mominma
08-04-2010, 10:04 AM
If anyone is looking for a clothing labeler, I just got something called a name dropper. It works like a stamper. You can change the name to label multiple children's items. It comes with white and black ink for dark and light clothes.

mom2beofboy/girltwins
08-04-2010, 10:10 AM
I'll second PP opinion of Oliver's Labels. I bought a multipack with all the types of labels (regular, small, clothing, shoe, etc.) and every label has worked tru to expectation. I am continually impressed with the ones that are on the bottles since they have been through the dishwasher daily since September and still look good as new. Same with the labels on the clothing tags. I would order these again in a heartbeat.

ltmommy
08-04-2010, 11:06 AM
I forgot to update - I ended up with these for $3.99:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/49639649/120-four-colors-custom-waterproof-vinyl

They shipped super fast, and they seem to be holding up well. They are tiny, which is fine for our purposes, and now I have a ton of them. I was also able to get both kids' names on the same order, which was super.

I don't think they would work on clothes, so that name dropper stamp sounds intriguing... Although I usually just end up using a fine-point Sharpie.

nabigus
08-04-2010, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the coupon for Label Daddy. I'm not usually a fan of "character" stuff, but the little alien cartoons from Toy Story are so freaking cute!

emily
08-04-2010, 12:50 PM
we use a Dymo label maker like this one with vinyl labels. The labels dont come off in the dishwasher. The refills last forever.
http://www.staples.com/DYMO-LetraTag-Plus-Label-Maker/product_645301?cmArea=SEARCH

ckso
08-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Do these work for clothing too?

I've ordered from this company before and they were cute and inexpensive and stayed on really well. Like on our lunch boxes and water bottles that have been washed a million times by hand and by dishwasher.

However, I just saw these on ebay and thinking of ordering from her this time. They look like the same type of stickers, but they are even cheaper :) and I think she has more cute designs/fonts/sizes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140436066823&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thanks for reminding me to order some labels to label all the school supplies I still need to buy!! :)

AshleyAnn
08-04-2010, 03:07 PM
My SIL adores mabel's labels. Hers have held up very well. The thinner mini labels are very functional and reasonably priced IMO. I haven't labels DD stuff yet but will be ordering from mabel when she starts daycare.

There is currently a 5% off coupon: Dealpl

kellybelly0513
08-04-2010, 09:34 PM
I ordered a label pack from Label Daddy last year and I love them! They were not super cheap but they lasted all year long for kindy last year, on lunchboxes, backpack, winter coats, etc. None fell off at all. It is a big pack and I still have tons left for the next few years.

AnnieW625
08-04-2010, 09:51 PM
I was this close to buying a label maker a few months back and ended up finding Name Bubbles thanks to this site. I ordered the basic try it package and I love them! They stick to everything I have used them for so far, containers for DD's lunch, DD's sweaters/sweatshirts, tupperware/utensils I have taken to work for potluck, our Camelbaks, and DD2's bottles. So reasonably priced too! 84 labels for under $19.00. You get to pick two names for each sampler package so since I bought these before I had DD2 I ordered a set with DD1's name, and one with our last name. I'll definitely be buying again. Love having labels with just our last name too.

Name Bubbles Sampler Pack,
http://www.namebubbles.com/labelpack/sampler-pack.html

mom2mack&max
08-04-2010, 11:00 PM
Another question. When most of you label your kids school supplies/ items do the teachers request first name, first name/ last name initial, or first and last name? I really don't like putting my child's first and last name on items that can be seen by strangers - ie lunchboxes, backpacks- for safety issues. Yet I don't want to spend $30 - $40 in labels and it's not what the teacher wants.

geochick
08-04-2010, 11:14 PM
Another question. When most of you label your kids school supplies/ items do the teachers request first name, first name/ last name initial, or first and last name? I really don't like putting my child's first and last name on items that can be seen by strangers - ie lunchboxes, backpacks- for safety issues. Yet I don't want to spend $30 - $40 in labels and it's not what the teacher wants.

I always order one set of labels to use with both of my kids. They show our last name (it's a unique last name in the schools) plus our phone number. No one has ever complained. If you have a last name like Smith, you might want a first initial.

hellokitty
08-04-2010, 11:20 PM

Our school did not state exactly how to label stuff. I have the same concern, b/c I don't want someone to see my kid's name on his backpack and yell out his name and have my child think that they should know that person, kwim? So, I put their first initial and our last name on it. Also worked out, b/c DS1 and DS2 have the same first initial. DS3 will have to get his own labels, b/c he has a different first initial, lol.

mom2mack&max
08-04-2010, 11:37 PM
Our school did not state exactly how to label stuff. I have the same concern, b/c I don't want someone to see my kid's name on his backpack and yell out his name and have my child think that they should know that person, kwim? So, I put their first initial and our last name on it. Also worked out, b/c DS1 and DS2 have the same first initial. DS3 will have to get his own labels, b/c he has a different first initial, lol.

That's another reason why I am leaning towards Label Daddy labels. I like that it comes with 4 zipper pulls w/the child's name on it - THey are small and I would put those on the backpack & lunchbox. Too small for someone to read from a distance, but if the backpack gets misplaced/lost it's labeled.

sue_g
08-04-2010, 11:44 PM
[QUOTE=AnnieW625;2811102]I was this close to buying a label maker a few months back and ended up finding Name Bubbles thanks to this site. I ordered the basic try it package and I love them! They stick to everything I have used them for so far, containers for DD's lunch, DD's sweaters/sweatshirts, tupperware/utensils I have taken to work for potluck, our Camelbaks, and DD2's bottles. So reasonably priced too! 84 labels for under $19.00. You get to pick two names for each sampler package so since I bought these before I had DD2 I ordered a set with DD1's name, and one with our last name. I'll definitely be buying again. Love having labels with just our last name too.

Annie,
How were you able to put two names on one pack? I just read their FAQ and it says "Our production process allows one name, one color palette, and one chosen icon per label pack or an order of labels".

I would love to be able to do this if possible.

geochick
08-04-2010, 11:44 PM
Most backpacks/jackets that we have have a place inside for the name/phone info. I just place one of our sticky Oliver's clothing labels over this area in case of loss. If I were to find a jacket or lunchbox or backpack, the first place I'd look for a name is inside on one of these designated spaces. Those little dangly/zipper pull name plates always fall off (or my kids play with them until they get lost). Don't rely on them solely.

AnnieW625
08-04-2010, 11:47 PM
Annie,
How were you able to put two names on one pack? I just read their FAQ and it says "Our production process allows one name, one color palette, and one chosen icon per label pack or an order of labels".

I would love to be able to do this if possible.

I put one name on one line and the other name on the second line. Both labels have the same icon, and are of the same color.

http://www.namebubbles.com/labeldesigns/LPSAMPLE.html

sue_g
08-04-2010, 11:56 PM
I put one name on one line and the other name on the second line. Both labels have the same icon, and are of the same color.

http://www.namebubbles.com/labeldesigns/LPSAMPLE.html

Annie,

Thank you for your quick reply. So half the labels were just the one name and the other half were the other name?

AnnieW625
08-05-2010, 12:00 AM
yep!!!!:)

kellybelly0513
08-05-2010, 03:41 PM
I put Brooklyn S. on our labels, not the full name. I put them inside everything. Inside the backpack (there is usually a spot) inside lunchbox, jackets, hats, etc. The only thing that I put the label on the outside is her water bottle, but that is inside the lunchbox so I don't worry about anyone seeing her name.

nabigus
08-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Just a quick thumbs up for Label Daddy CS. After thinking about it more, I decided to have ds's first name plus our phone number on the labels. I emailed them and got a quick and very nice response.

mom2mack&max
08-05-2010, 04:23 PM
I put Brooklyn S. on our labels, not the full name. I put them inside everything. Inside the backpack (there is usually a spot) inside lunchbox, jackets, hats, etc. The only thing that I put the label on the outside is her water bottle, but that is inside the lunchbox so I don't worry about anyone seeing her name.

That's what I am planning on doing first name & last name initial. That way if there is another Mackenzie in the class, they will be able to tell the supplies, etc. apart. People can just find out too much info anymore (online) with both the first and last name!

mom2mack&max
08-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Does Label Daddy have pretty quick shipping/delievery time? I want to order labels today, but need them by the 19th.

I agree about their CS. Just sent them an email about shipping/delivery time. They responded to my email in less than 5 minutes! Asked me to send them my order number and they would make sure it got done in time. Nice!

katydid1971
08-05-2010, 07:27 PM
Some stupid questions: Do the stickers on the shirt lables itch? Plus most of DS's shirts are "tagless" can you still put those stickers on the shirts to label them? How important is it to label things like the shirt, pants and shoes because HOPEFULLY DS won't be taking those off at school? Sorry to sounds so dumb, I understand the labeling of jackest and backpacks but clothes and shoes seems strange to me.

geochick
08-05-2010, 09:37 PM
Some stupid questions: Do the stickers on the shirt lables itch? Plus most of DS's shirts are "tagless" can you still put those stickers on the shirts to label them? How important is it to label things like the shirt, pants and shoes because HOPEFULLY DS won't be taking those off at school? Sorry to sounds so dumb, I understand the labeling of jackest and backpacks but clothes and shoes seems strange to me.

I label shoes, backpacks, lunch boxes, coats, jackets, rain boots, sweaters (that may be removed if the kid gets hot). I use the clothing labels from oliver's labels. They don't seem to itch because I don't put them on clothes like shirts and pants. We do shoes because sometimes kids remove them for whatever reason (swap into snow boots/rain boots, do a sack race in PE, etc.).

kellybelly0513
08-06-2010, 02:03 PM
I can't see any reason to label shirts and pants. I don't think that is necessary in school age children. Maybe if you had little ones in daycare or something where they might have to have extra clothes in case of an accident.

Chylynn
08-06-2010, 02:42 PM
So glad I saw this thread. I had not even thought about labeling stuff for DD starting kindergarten, but then realized she will be wearing the same uniforms as her friends, same shoes, ect and they wear approximately the same size, so I could forsee confusion with jackets, shoes, ect. I ordered from label daddy today and hopefully I will receive it prior to school starting. I ended up using the free shipping code instead of the 20% off since I just went with the small label. I also just went with our last name since DD2 will be getting DD1 uniforms in a few years.

jwozy
08-06-2010, 04:27 PM
I have labels from several companies and just received my order from kiddotags. They are really nice and bright and they have a 20% off code - referral. If you order over a certain amount the shipping is also free and it comes pretty quickly.

We also love our mabel labels and oliver's label.

mominjune
08-06-2010, 04:42 PM
I haven't tried them on clothing b/c we didn't have the need. I can try it out and see but it would take at least a few days for me to remember, and then wash the clothes to see if they stay on. They might be able to go on the tag portion. My girls complain with any clothing with tags, so they would probably complain about the stickers too.

Question from PP (couldn't figure out how to quote it correctly)
Do these work for clothing too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mominjune

However, I just saw these on ebay and thinking of ordering from her this time. They look like the same type of stickers, but they are even cheaper and I think she has more cute designs/fonts/sizes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thanks for reminding me to order some labels to label all the school supplies I still need to buy!!

TahliasMom
08-07-2010, 03:29 AM
i ordered mabel label's before dd started K last fall. i put her first and last name as any lost items are returned to the classroom if the student's name is on it. plus for summer day camp, it was a requirement that both first and last name was on the kids things. i have tags on her lunch bag and backpack. i have the sticky labels on water bottles, jackets, sweaters, hats and water shoes. after many washes the labels have held up great. we have enough leftover to probably for another year.

katydid1971
08-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by mominjune

!!

The cute touch labels would only allow 9 characters. Too bad because they have cute patterns and a great price. :(

puff2000
08-10-2010, 10:02 AM
I ordered some weatherproof Avery mailing labels per the suggestion of someone else who wanted to DIY. I get a ton of labels out of them, so that offsets the fact that some of them are peeling at the corners. Generally though, they serve their purpose well, hold up in the microwave & dishwasher. For clothing labels, I ordered some iron-ons a long time ago from some site that sold camping supplies but upon further inspection all it looks like is those no-sew iron hem tape that ran through the printer, KWIM?

eac
08-10-2010, 02:21 PM
http://www.etsy.com/listing/53295558/full-name-kids-labels-waterproof-and?ref=cat2_gallery_6

I have these = they are great - have hand washed sigg water bottles with the tags stuck on them EVERY DAY for 6 months - the labels have not come off!

nabigus
08-19-2010, 11:48 AM
I just got the Label Daddy labels in the mail, and they are fabulous! The quality looks amazing, the printing is clear, and the labels are just plain adorable. I got the alien ones from Toy Story, and they're beyond cute. Thanks for the recommendations.

KpbS
08-19-2010, 05:23 PM
We have had our Label Daddy labels in use all week and so far they have held up great! They rushed my order (after I emailed them asked if we could receive them sooner) and the labels durable and cute! I will definitely order from them again and recommend them to anyone :)

mom2mack&max
08-19-2010, 05:54 PM
Same here with Label Daddy. They rushed my order (no charge) so that I could have them by today, got them last week. I got so many compliments on them today at Kinder Kamp! Got them in purple with guitars on them, so cute!

mominjune
08-27-2010, 03:22 AM
I wanted to update on the labels I just received. I had posted before I found these on ebay, and I went ahead and ordered some.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140435646227&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

They turned out really cute and she shipped really fast!

I had actually ordered from where I previously ordered from before first (cute touch) They shipped slowly last time, but I thought I'd give them another shot, and they've been slow to ship this time too (still haven't received 2 weeks+ later).

On the other hand, the ebay ones above shipped out super fast. She communicated really well, she emailed me right away when she noticed I didn't figure out where to put the name ordering info on the paypal payment. Then she emailed me immediately again to suggest a different font for the particular stickers I ordered b/c the fonts I picked weren't ideal for the stickers I chose.

Then I was super excited when i received them today already (she shipped out the day after I ordered) b/c she included some extra ones for my younger daughter who I had ordered the stickers above. I made half of them "allergy stickers" by labeling them as "Allergies: Eggs, Dairy, Wheat" I thought I would put them on her lunch box or other school items next to her name. She must have felt badly for my daughter having so many allergies she printed her out 18 extra ones! :) I thought that was very sweet. My 3 yo daughter kept saying "Thank you Mommy! Thank you Daddy!" and giving us big hugs :hug: b/c she loved the stickers.

Lylamilomum
08-27-2010, 12:43 PM

We received many, many compliments, they held up perfectly through the school year and the summer, and when we wanted to take them off some items we were donating away, we were able to remove them with very little difficulty-they also have multiple lines for some of their labels, so, we added our sons severe allergy right to these labels and added them to his backpack and lunch bags for peace of mind!

These labels turned out so much nicer than Mabel's Labels, they are colorful and more generic that the Disney labels from the "other guys" and for what you get, a great deal to boot!

Faith
Mt Lyla 6 and Milo 3 (who love their name bubbles and would put them on EVERYTHING if mom didn't hide them!

logan's mom
08-27-2010, 02:01 PM
Label Daddy is offering free shipping through August 31st.

Use the code Freeship at checkout.

daphne
08-27-2010, 02:04 PM
I was this close to buying a label maker a few months back and ended up finding Name Bubbles thanks to this site. I ordered the basic try it package and I love them! They stick to everything I have used them for so far, containers for DD's lunch, DD's sweaters/sweatshirts, tupperware/utensils I have taken to work for potluck, our Camelbaks, and DD2's bottles. So reasonably priced too! 84 labels for under $19.00. You get to pick two names for each sampler package so since I bought these before I had DD2 I ordered a set with DD1's name, and one with our last name. I'll definitely be buying again. Love having labels with just our last name too.

Name Bubbles Sampler Pack,
http://www.namebubbles.com/labelpack/sampler-pack.html

I just got mine the mail & they're very cute. Wish I had paid attn to the colors better, though, b/c the Starry Night's dominant color is purple. My DS didn't really seem to notice....oops.

stephlev
08-27-2010, 07:02 PM
We just got our NameBubbles too and they ARE really cute! They seem like they'll stick really well. I put them onto the footbeds of my son's Crocs and they seemed to stick on really nicely! (And I also hid them from DS who immediately wanted his own sheet:wink2:)

plusbellelavie
08-29-2010, 11:13 PM
A bit late to this thread but I would like to recommend IdentiKid labels they are based in Australia but ship worldwide...I think their prices are reasonable and comparable to the other label companies mention in PP. They offer a variety of packages including one for two kids. The initial order 4yrs ago was a gift from my best friend to the kids before leaving for France. It was a great and useful gift and I was very happy with the quality of all the labels and the kids got a lot of compliments on them especially the book labels!

Not sure about coupons and such but their customer service was superb for us!

I am about to reorder from them again and just wanted to share in case anyone was looking for alternative options to preveious suggestions.

http://www.identikid.com.au/index.php

christiedavid3
09-07-2010, 02:47 PM
We have the identikid labels also, and LOVE them!

BayGirl2
09-07-2010, 11:16 PM
We've been using Name Bubbles for about a year now and they have held up really well through the laundry and dishwasher. We have to label everything for daycare and so far I haven't had one fall off. The shoe ones get a little worn, but they don't slide around like other brands. I just reordered a big pack of clothing labels, I figure we'll keep growing through them. We use only last name, that way it will work for multiple kids and not identify first names.

I hate the sharpie pen label method on my stuff. One of the teachers does that when shoes are not labeled and it pisses me off. Now I can't hand down or resell those items. Oh, and for those of you considering that, the blue marker ink rubbed off on DS's socks.

mominjune
09-13-2010, 03:14 AM
I just realized by clicking on your etsy link that this is the same ebay seller I mentioned a few posts before you posted this update (post #11). What a coincidence! The labels are really tiny, but I like that. (I went back to this thread to un-recommend another label seller I had mentioned) Let us know if you end up buying the same seller's clothing labels b/c I'm thinking of buying some. :)

I forgot to update - I ended up with these for $3.99:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/49639649/120-four-colors-custom-waterproof-vinyl

They shipped super fast, and they seem to be holding up well. They are tiny, which is fine for our purposes, and now I have a ton of them. I was also able to get both kids' names on the same order, which was super.

I don't think they would work on clothes, so that name dropper stamp sounds intriguing... Although I usually just end up using a fine-point Sharpie.

MomtoNico
09-13-2010, 11:40 AM
I placed an order with cutetouch.com. But then a couple of days later they cancelled my order - when I went to their web site again it said it was under construction. Does anyoen know whats going on?

katydid1971
09-13-2010, 11:46 AM
I placed an order with cutetouch.com. But then a couple of days later they cancelled my order - when I went to their web site again it said it was under construction. Does anyoen know whats going on?

Same thing happened to me. At least they refunded my money. Now a week into the school year I have to find something else. Those were going to be perfect (they were toy story and just perfect for labeling shoes and odds and ends like that). I have used a good old sharpie for the backpack and coat but I did want something for inside his shoes, Keens are expensive and I really don't want them getting lost. I guess I'll go threw the thread again and see if I can find another option.

Jo..
09-13-2010, 01:30 PM
I just got my order from Etsy seller Designer Label Gal and I am THRILLED. http://www.etsy.com/shop/designerlabelgal?ref=top_trail

For those who need a small order of labels, a sheet from her is $7. I only needed a few to label our Camelbak bottles, but I wanted something CUTE. I loved her round waterproof labels. I chose the 2" size (sheet of 20), and they fit the bottom of the kid's Camelbak perfectly. It's like they were made for them.

I got two styles, one for DD and one for DS, and shipping for both sets was $2.65. I hated to spend $40 a kid for a million labels. I spend $16.65 TOTAL for both kids, and will report back on how they hold up.

PS: You can customize the design (she has a ton), font, lettering color (we got colors to match the designs), and I was able to put my kids' full names on the top of the labels, and our phone number on the bottom.

PPS: I forgot to add, she included three free sheets of Halloween stickers!

These are the ones I got (last name and phone blocked out with scribbles, lol)

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f254/joellenh/labels.jpg

christiedavid3
09-13-2010, 03:00 PM
Oh those are CUTE!!!

mominjune
09-13-2010, 06:11 PM
Sorry! I'm the person who posted about them. :thumbsdown: They did the same thing to me, I had forgotten I had even ordered them b/c it had been I had ended up ordering more from another seller through ebay. It ended up being the same seller that OP ordered from through etsy :) Same cute tiny labels as cutetouch but much better customer service.

Same thing happened to me. At least they refunded my money. Now a week into the school year I have to find something else. Those were going to be perfect (they were toy story and just perfect for labeling shoes and odds and ends like that). I have used a good old sharpie for the backpack and coat but I did want something for inside his shoes, Keens are expensive and I really don't want them getting lost. I guess I'll go threw the thread again and see if I can find another option.

katydid1971
09-13-2010, 09:12 PM
Sorry! I'm the person who posted about them. :thumbsdown: They did the same thing to me, I had forgotten I had even ordered them b/c it had been I had ended up ordering more from another seller through ebay. It ended up being the same seller that OP ordered from through etsy :) Same cute tiny labels as cutetouch but much better customer service.

It worked out ok. I went back through the posts and went to the ebay site you recommended and she had Toy Story labels too. I ordered them and already got an email back that she has mailed them today. She even addressed them to DS like I asked. He'll be so excited to get them. Thanks for the second recommendation.

xmasbabycomin
09-13-2010, 11:53 PM
Another vote for ebay: happyyeeyee / etsy: GloriasSticker
Cheap, fast and cute enough-so far, so good!

I've heard in general that the iron-on labels don't stay on well, so I hesitated to order those from her. I still don't want to pay $20 for clothes labels-people don't even generally see those! And I'd like some that do come off when I want to resell. Any suggestions?

swt2th1
09-14-2010, 12:21 AM
Another unhappy customer from cutetouch. I placed an order, paid for it and never received it. About a month later, I replied to their email that sent me the order confirmation, followed the instructions for customer service per their website and filed a paypal dispute. Never received any response, but I did get a refund. I do NOT recommend the cutetouch website (which appears to not be taking orders now).

div_0305
09-14-2010, 02:40 PM
labelsbythesheet.com They have ultra waterproof vinyl labels for just 1.33/sheet that you put through your own injket (laser printer ones also sold there and made out of polyester). It seems like an easy thing to do, but thought I'd see if anyone has made their own at home and how they've held up.

SnuggleBuggles
09-14-2010, 02:52 PM
Another vote for Gloria's stickers. Cheap and fast. :)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/GloriasSticker?ref=top_trail

Beth

skohng
09-17-2010, 04:29 PM
Another vote for Gloria's stickers. Cheap and fast. :)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/GloriasSticker?ref=top_trail

Beth

has anyone used the 120-count labels? They seem small but I like the "clean" look of one, bright color.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/53734502/120-four-colors-custom-waterproof-vinyl

Lylamilomum
09-17-2010, 06:34 PM
I recently purchased name bubbles, and I loved them so much I asked if she could create a coupon code for us to use...so here it is:
use the code: BabyBargains

15% off through September 20th...

Enjoy!

Faith:yay:

Twoboos
09-17-2010, 06:38 PM
You rock!!! Thank you!!! I've had an order in my cart but haven't pulled the trigger yet!!

Mikey0709
09-20-2010, 11:03 AM
THANK YOU! I also FINALLY pulled the trigger - - 15% code basically gave me free shipping! Got the sampler for about $19 shipped! THANK YOU AGAIN!

MomtoNico
09-20-2010, 01:39 PM
I just got the order from gloria stickers. I am happy. cheap and quick shipping. The labels are small. I like that. Thanks for the suggestion.

peanut520
09-20-2010, 02:55 PM
I recently purchased name bubbles, and I loved them so much I asked if she could create a coupon code for us to use...so here it is:
use the code: BabyBargains

15% off through September 20th...

Enjoy!

Faith:yay:

they are great! i still have plenty from last year's order but i might pick some up in a different design.

Jo..
09-28-2010, 07:34 PM
Just an update: Mine have been in the wash daily for several weeks and look perfect.

Designer Label Gal $7 per sheet (shipping $2ish)

http://www.etsy.com/shop/designerlabelgal?ref=top_trail (http://www.etsy.com/shop/designerlabelgal?ref=top_trail)

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f254/joellenh/labels.jpg

hellokitty
11-05-2010, 11:09 PM
Just a question about gloria's labels. Can they be used for the laundry too, or just dishwasher?