PDA

View Full Version : Farewell, wedding rings. And shoes.

LadyPeter
07-14-2010, 06:55 PM
Well, this is a sad day. I've packed up my lovely engagement and wedding ring. They have been gradually getting tighter and tighter, and today I almost dislocated my knuckle trying to remove them. They'll be living in the jewelry box until this baby is born.

Got this one from Target to replace them. (Two sizes larger than usual!)
http://www.target.com/Sterling-Silver-Cubic-Zirconia-Band/dp/B003MUUVRC/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid5&qid=1279148083&frombrowse=0&fromGsearch=true&node=1038576|1287991011&keywords=sterling%20silver%20cubic%20ring&searchSize=30&id=Sterling%20Silver%20Cubic%20Zirconia%20Band&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_ primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&searchNodeID=1038576|1287991011&searchRank=price&sr=1-12&searchPage=1&rh=

I fear shoes are next.

I've only gained 8lbs so far and still, nothing fits. I am so excited about being pregnant. But um...not through the Hottest Summer Ever.

swissair81
07-14-2010, 06:58 PM
My rings have been packed away for about a month now. They fit fine in the morning, I just can't get them off at night. As for shoes, I am wearing a pair of lined crocs every day.

ivegotayen
07-14-2010, 07:05 PM
My husband has mine around his neck. :love5:

SnuggleBuggles
07-14-2010, 07:28 PM
It could just be a summer issue. You never know! The warm made me swell more but I was ok later on.

Beth

luckytwenty
07-14-2010, 07:29 PM
Since it got super hot and humid, I have been wearing my grandmother's wedding ring, which is a 7--my engagement/wedding rings were a 5. And every day, my feet have red marks on them by the time I am home from work. Fun stuff!!

GonnaBeNana
07-14-2010, 07:54 PM
When my rings wouldn't fit anymore, I put them on a gold chain around my neck.

Beth

wendibird22
07-14-2010, 08:06 PM
With DD1 who was a July baby, I had to remove them at about 7mos. With DD2 who was a Dec baby I was able to wear them the entire time. So, summer, IMO, definitely has a negative impact.

fumofu
07-15-2010, 02:53 AM
I also put my rings away about a month ago. My fingers were already sensitive to heat pre-pregnancy, but baking a baby definitely increases the swelling.

As for shoes, I'm either in flip flops, slip-on flats, or in my sneakers with the laces just tucked in.

swrc00
07-15-2010, 08:08 AM
A friend of mine used this opprotunity to upgrade herself to a bigger diamond when she got her cz ring. ;)

newg
07-15-2010, 09:27 AM
I have been lucky so far with the rings. But boy am I glad I can just slip on a pair of flip flops. Having to put socks and shoes on in the winter really sucked.

creativelightbulb
07-15-2010, 11:27 AM
I've worn the rings off and on...

given the recent heat wave it has been more off lately...

I have two pairs of Born shoes that I can wear so those are my daily work wear and I sport chuck taylors on the weekends...

I bought two pairs of sandals yesterday to wear to the beach...size 10...pre-pregnancy I was in an 8-8.5

BabyBearsMom
07-15-2010, 01:49 PM
I took the oppotunity of being pregnant with fat fingers to have my rings sent out to be polished. Now I have a beautiful daughter AND beautiful shiny rings.

I did however have a woman come up to me when I was v. preggo and ringless and tell me that "You need to get a ring before you give him a baby!"

LadyPeter
07-15-2010, 02:21 PM
I did however have a woman come up to me when I was v. preggo and ringless and tell me that "You need to get a ring before you give him a baby!"

:47:

I think this is the real reason I ran out and bought a substitute immediately. Nosy Parkers.

swissair81
07-15-2010, 02:31 PM
:47:

I think this is the real reason I ran out and bought a substitute immediately. Nosy Parkers.

In my community, there are other ways to tell whether someone is married or not. In any case, if someone is that judgmental, then let them think whatever they want. I really don't care.

BabyBearsMom
07-15-2010, 02:32 PM
Eh, I didn't let it get to me. If you are too stupid to know that at 9 months pregnant, you can't fit into your wedding rings, then you aren't worth the time it takes explain it.

swissair81
07-15-2010, 02:35 PM
Eh, I didn't let it get to me. If you are too stupid to know that at 9 months pregnant, you can't fit into your wedding rings, then you aren't worth the time it takes explain it.

Hey, if it wasn't about the rings, it would have been about some other piece of nosiness. Nosy people are nosy & look for opportunities to be so.

LadyPeter
07-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Hey, if it wasn't about the rings, it would have been about some other piece of nosiness. Nosy people are nosy & look for opportunities to be so.

Indeed. They might sneer at your cup of decaf and your round belly and ask "should you be drinking that?"

To which I reply, "Have we met?"

swissair81
07-15-2010, 02:43 PM
Indeed. They might sneer at your cup of decaf and your round belly and ask "should you be drinking that?"

Or they might ask you whether you are planning to breastfeed, or whether you are planning on using birth control & if not- WHY NOT, or myriad other obnoxious comments.

ewpmsw
07-15-2010, 03:10 PM

Wow. The only nice thing I can say about that is, bet she'd never been pg before, and maybe she thought she was being supportive of you in some strange way...? Wow.

I'd never considered having replacement rings to show I'm married until reading this thread. Months after DD was born, a friend commented that she was glad I was wearing my rings again, as she'd been concerned something was wrong between DH and I. She's the only one who has ever noticed missing rings out loud, though. I stopped wearing my rings around 6 mos with both pregnancies and wear them on a necklace when DH and I go on a date, or for other special occasions. Otherwise, they're safe in the jewelry box. (And lonely - I'm not really much on jewelry.) If things go the same with this baby as the last, I'll be able to fit comfortably into my rings when she's about 3 mos old.

BabyBearsMom
07-15-2010, 03:41 PM

I used to get steamed milk at starbucks with a flavor shot in it (it is like a warm milk shake and divine) and people used to constantly come up to me and say "You know, you aren't supposed to drink coffee when your pregnant." I had two responses: 1) Well, I heard it stunts their growth, so I want to make sure that the baby is small so birth isn't too painful or 2) Oh thanks! What kind of doctor are you? It is awfully nice of you to give out free medical advice! Where did you go to med school?

Either one is very effective.

swissair81
07-15-2010, 03:43 PM
I used to get steamed milk at starbucks with a flavor shot in it (it is like a warm milk shake and divine) and people used to constantly come up to me and say "You know, you aren't supposed to drink coffee when your pregnant." I had two responses: 1) Well, I heard it stunts their growth, so I want to make sure that the baby is small so birth isn't too painful or 2) Oh thanks! What kind of doctor are you? It is awfully nice of you to give out free medical advice! Where did you go to med school?

Either one is very effective.

:rotflmao: I just spit my slurpee all over my computer screen. Thanks a lot.