PDA

View Full Version : Mice

hillview
07-14-2010, 09:26 PM
We have a mouse. Actually more than one. In the kitchen. I know we have more than one because we got the first one (sorry it was a trap and not a nice one) and THERE IS ANOTHER ONE. It is in the drawer where the KIDS SIPPY CUPS ARE. ARGH.

Ok off to set more traps.
/hillary

ShanaMama
07-14-2010, 10:16 PM
Oh no no no. I am not at all humane when it comes to rodents. I paid for the house ( my bank at least) so I get to invite houseguests. Mice are not on the list. Call an exterminator and get that poison out there.
When I SAW a mouse run across my kitchen floor one fine evening I was quite ready to pack my bags. Thankfully they haven't come back after the royal treatment we gave them.

Smillow
07-14-2010, 10:31 PM
I'm sorry you are dealing with this - mice suck!

gatorsmom
07-14-2010, 10:37 PM
Oh NO! I HATE mice too. I'm all about letting things live but THEY ARE NOT ALOUD TO LIVE IN MY HOUSE.

I really like the rat-sized glue traps. After the kids go to bed at night, place them up against baseboards in your kitchen with a little peanut butter in the middle of them. The rat-sized ones are best because then you just pick up the glueboard with the mouse on there and you dont' have to risk touching the mouse. Also, with the rat-sized ones, there's no chance the mouse will get off the glue board. oh, but make sure you pick up the glue boards before the kids get up in the morning. You don't want anyone touching the glueboards. They are VERY STICKY. And messy.

You also have to follow the little turds to figure out where they are getting in. Then plug those holes up with steel wool or that thick spray foam. They can get into a hole the size of a pencil eraser. So, you really gotta do some plugging. That should take care of it.

Oh, and you want to get rid of them NOW before the weather starts to cool down or you'll have their extended family moving in. Ask me how I know this. :barf:

WatchingThemGrow
07-15-2010, 12:47 AM
YUP. Just BTDT http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=364331&highlight=kitchen+cleaning

We have moved back into our kitchen after it was inhabited by a tribe of mice recently. They were in like 9 placed in my kitchen. eeww eew, eww.

hillview
07-15-2010, 08:46 AM
STUPID mice. Got one but the other(s) are getting the food out of the spring loaded trap. Off to get glue houses today. We plugged up holes and they are STILL getting in somewhere. ARGH.
/hillary

KathyN115
07-15-2010, 09:00 AM
UGH, you have my deepest sympathy. HATE MICE!!! We caught one a few weeks ago in the kitchen. YUCK! Hope you get rid of them all.

cckwmh
07-15-2010, 04:26 PM
i know way too much about mice and if they are getting the food off a spring trap they do not weigh enough to spring it (likely pups/young mice). 2 mice can have a little of 10-15 pups in 21 days, and when the pups are around 18-21 days old they can start to reproduce. if you had a pregnant female move in, it starts even earlier. if the glue traps don't work, call an exterminator (and use lots of bleach to clean).