PDA

View Full Version : Just because the stoplight is green...

Corie
07-14-2010, 10:28 PM
Doesn't mean that you have to go.

Please do not block the intersection!! Because then I cannot go when
my light turns green.

Now everyone is stuck and cannot move anywhere because of YOU.

We are all waiting on YOU to move.

I really want to get out of my car and take a bat to your windshield.
But I don't.

billysmommy
07-14-2010, 10:34 PM
That is the WORST!!!

And unfortunately is encountered on a fairly regular basis around here

Corie
07-14-2010, 10:44 PM
And unfortunately is encountered on a fairly regular basis around here

It happens here all the time too! I never thought I'd say that Cincinnati drivers
are more horrible than Boston drivers! :)

kdeunc
07-15-2010, 11:03 AM
That drives me insane! I mean really can you not tell that you aren't going to be able to go anywhere??:6:

HonoluluMom
07-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Here in Hawaii there are intersections that are notorious for being blocked by idiot drivers. One is an arterial road leading to the freeway and it causes a massive jam. And don't you love it when these idiots absolutely refuse to look at the people they're blocking. :shake:

LarsMal
07-15-2010, 01:41 PM
This is one of my biggest pet peeves! Hate it!

marge234
07-15-2010, 02:00 PM
This is what horns are for. Seriously. Even though it's futile in that particular situation, the fool needs some reason to think twice before blocking the next time.

lizzywednesday
07-15-2010, 02:26 PM
This is what horns are for. Seriously. Even though it's futile in that particular situation, the fool needs some reason to think twice before blocking the next time.

Nah, people usually use their horns to honk at people who can't go anywhere because of the fool in the middle of the intersection.

IMO, this is why cities large and small add a revenue stream by passing "don't block the box" laws with stiff fines!

sste
07-15-2010, 03:06 PM
Wow, that read like a poem. I think you should start your own anthology of Traffic Poetry! You can use haikus for the shorter annoyances.

zoestargrove
07-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Wow, that read like a poem. I think you should start your own anthology of Traffic Poetry! You can use haikus for the shorter annoyances.

haaa! I was thinking the same thing.

belovedgandp
07-15-2010, 09:31 PM
Ah, yes feeling your pain. Tonight I was leaving space (about 3 car lengths) for turning traffic to have access to a parking lot while in the line for a read light - as in "do not block drive"

Watch guy pull out about 5 cars back to cut around us and pull in the space in front of me. Yeah, he got honked at.

MamaMolly
07-16-2010, 01:26 AM
Traffic cameras and stiff fines. Magic for clearing intersections!

Eta: That actually is a 5-7-5 syllable haiku if we all agree to say cam-er-a instead of cam-ra. And I wasn't even trying. Mmmmm, good wine tonight!

ett
07-16-2010, 01:32 AM
In Boston you can get a ticket for doing that.

happymomma
07-16-2010, 06:20 AM
This also drives me nuts. However, when I was in Singapore, I didn't see that. I was so impressed. They actually draw a big X in the middle of the intersection. This way cars know where they are not allowed to be stopped at. I think they get a huge fine if they do. So it seems to curtail this problem. Wish we had it here.

TwinFoxes
07-16-2010, 06:54 AM
In SF they used to park a motorcycle cop very visibly at some of the more notorious intersections. I dont know if they still do. And the fines there are significant, hundreds of dollars. Traffic there is still bad, but I applaud the effort.

lizzywednesday
07-16-2010, 08:01 AM
This also drives me nuts. However, when I was in Singapore, I didn't see that. I was so impressed. They actually draw a big X in the middle of the intersection. This way cars know where they are not allowed to be stopped at. I think they get a huge fine if they do. So it seems to curtail this problem. Wish we had it here.

They'd done that in NYC in several busy spots, too!

It's called a "don't block the box" law and they do carry stiff fines ... and points on your license.

KHF
07-16-2010, 09:48 AM
It happens here all the time too! I never thought I'd say that Cincinnati drivers
are more horrible than Boston drivers! :)

Never been to Boston, but I've heard it's terrible. However, the Cincinnati traffic and drivers is one of the reasons that I moved south of the river into NKY several years ago!! I used to live in Blue Ash (very close to you), and it was terrible. I could not get out of there fast enough.