PDA

View Full Version : I am ridiculous....

gatorsmom
07-14-2010, 10:30 PM
We are throwing a big Indiana Jones party for Cha cha this weekend. I must be nuts. For weeks now I have been scouring the internet for Indiana Jones-related party supplies, looking through the threads at birthdaypartyideas.com or whatever that sight is, taking notes, buying stuff. I thought it would be cool to have 1-an obstacle course 2-a scavenger hunt, 3- a snake toss, 4- a pinata. Oh, and cut the cake all in three hours. Why do I do this to myself? This is wayyy too much work, for someone who has no time already. So, once again, I'm getting no sleep, waiting til the kids are in bed trying to get stuff done, like spray paint boxes, spray paint the Arc of the Covenant, creating antique, brittle scavenger hunt lists, calling the losers who haven't RSVP'd, etc. This is just ridiculous. I am the biggest sucker for my kids in the world.

The funniest part is that Gator is having HIS birthday party the next day. and has insisted it be at Chuck E. Cheese. I kind of thought that sounded lame since the summers here are beautiful and most kids' summer birthday are spent outside. But, dude, Chuck E. Cheese does EVERYTHING for us. EVERYTHING. Why the heck didn't I do something like this for Cha cha? I could be sleeping right now. I just have to show up, as far as I can tell. Oh, and send thank you cards afterwards. But that's for another bitching post. :D

SnuggleBuggles
07-14-2010, 10:37 PM
I went all out for ds1 this year at home too and kept wondering what I was thinking when I knew how easy it could be if we just had it out somewhere. Hopefully our kiddos look back and think that we were awesome for doing all this for them. :) I hope the parties are great! The IJ party sounds fantastic!

Beth

zoestargrove
07-15-2010, 11:08 AM
I've been there! I get caught up in it all too EVERY -SINGLE- TIME! I love party planning, cooking and creative crafts etc...and it would be a total joy to plan and execute if only I had less demands of my time- but between work, family, house - I find myself ridiculously stretched and stressed as the date fastly approaches. I would totally be suckered by the theme cha-cha chose...sounds like it's going to be a great party.

I changed things around this year. I talked my boys into a big party every OTHER year...on the off year, we'll plan a family adventure and do small party with family)

I have 2 boys and staggered it so that I will only have to plan and execute one party a year. We just had our first family adventure - it was amazing! The family party was low key and totally enjoyable.

good luck.

Andi98989
07-15-2010, 12:53 PM
DS is turning one this fall and I'm already contemplating his party, looking at invitations on Etsy, etc....

elektra
07-15-2010, 12:58 PM
It sounds like a great party! You're the mom I always wanted but never had, and the mom I want to be but never will! Cha Cha will remember it forever.

jent
07-15-2010, 01:16 PM
Cha Cha will remember it forever.

At least take pics so you can remind him about it forever!

Seriously, though, it's a great idea for a party. I'm sure all the kids will have a blast!

hellokitty
07-15-2010, 03:22 PM
Lol, and this is why I gave my almost 5 yr old the option of either having a bday party with friends OR a day at cedar point for our family. I won't lie, I made cedar point sound like it was really, really awesome, so I'd sway him in that direction. I am sooo glad he chose cedar point. I just despise planning bday parties. For their 5th bdays I usually do a, "big kid" party for them, but I'm so not wanting to do it this yr, it's so much work.

I hope you find the items you need. Planning parties stress me out, I could never go into events planning. I usually do a big, huge one for their first bday party too, but I'm too lazy to do one for DS3 this month, but luckily, my nephew's bday is one day before and we agreed just to do it together and I am basically letting my sil do everything, since she's a FTM, it's still exciting for her, I don't care what she does and neither does DS3, lol. I'm just glad that I get to show up with my kids and put hats on them.

gatorsmom
07-15-2010, 05:06 PM
At least take pics so you can remind him about it forever!

that's just it- cha cha is turning 5yo. I should have held off on a party like this until he could remember it. So yeah, I better prep the camera.