PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see a flat changing table pad cover in velvety/velour fabric?

luckytwenty
07-15-2010, 10:39 AM
We have the old Forever Mine changing table from way back when, and the changing table pad is flat. I remember getting a terry cloth cover for it when we used it last, but would love something velvety and soft like they have at PBK. :-) Anyone see a pad cover like that? I need something that would not clash with denim, blue and brown/beige decor.

WatchingThemGrow
07-15-2010, 10:44 AM
I got some nice plush fabric at the fabric store for my mom to make two pad covers for our YA changing table topper. They are exactly what I wanted!

vtmom
07-15-2010, 01:04 PM
We have the Boppy changing pad covers which are a very soft velour and come in many different colors. They wash great too! When you look them up online, they show them on a contoured pad, but our changing pad is flat and they still fit great! There is elastic all around and I think that helps them fit snugly even though the flat changing pad is smaller than the contoured.

luckytwenty
07-15-2010, 01:37 PM
Thanks for the tip! I wish I could sew or were related to someone who could, but we're all kind of clueless & I'd rather not buy both the fabric AND pay a seamstress.

I will check out Boppy. I love their Boppy covers and will have to see if the pad covers fit.

longtallsally05
07-16-2010, 03:04 AM
How about this one?

http://www.babybedding.com/denim-blue-cotton-changing-pad-cover-flat

I love my Carousel bedding. They have tons of colors, and they do custom orders if you want them to make a changing pad out of fabric they carry. I ordered a bunch of fabric swatches which I used to match bedding I already owned, then had them make crib sheets, changing table pad covers and "toddler-size" pillow cases for a throw pillow. It looks pretty, the quality is good (100% cotton & holds up in the wash) and matches well. Bonus: they make their stuff in America!

luckytwenty
07-16-2010, 09:31 AM
That's really perfect! Thanks. I ordered some sheets from Carousel when my daughter was an infant and they were even better in quality than PBK. Will check them out. :-)

longtallsally05
07-19-2010, 01:31 PM
I really liked the Carousel ladybug bedding we had for DD; that's why we went with Carousel again for DS's room. I just happened to have a Sumersault crib bedding set for DS and it was easy to match with Carousel. Happy shopping!