PDA

View Full Version : need rec for pregnancy pillow

lil_acorn
07-15-2010, 11:15 AM
can any of you ladies recommend a pregnancy pillow? Starting to get uncomfortable and I'm only 16 weeks!

creativelightbulb
07-15-2010, 11:18 AM
I've used a combo of the snoogle pregnancy pillow and the boppy wedge pillow since about 20 weeks...

I'm 36 weeks now and just last night I had to switch the snoogle to the front so I'm facing into the "c" to give my very heavy belly more support than the wedge was giving...

BabyBearsMom
07-15-2010, 11:31 AM
I used a snoozer and it is FANTASTIC. It is shaped like a candy cane and the only pregnancy pillow I could find without poly-fill (poly-fill gives me a rash). Plus the fabulous thing about it is after you give birth, you can twist it around your body and use it like a nursing pillow. It was really fantastic but I couldn't have slept without it when I was pregnant.

prats
07-15-2010, 11:42 AM
I am using the snoogle body pillow since my 4th month..............it has been a blessing...........lets me sleep on my side without rolling over on my back.........its comfy................my 9th month now, still using it and love it

Beth24
07-15-2010, 11:44 AM
I loved my snoogle. And I am using it as a nursing pillow when I have the baby in bed with me. I can wrap it around me and actually doze off a bit while baby eats.

Myira
07-15-2010, 11:58 AM
I used the Snoogle Total Body Pillow. I could not have slept a wink w/o it, though trying to turn from one side to other requires you to move the whole huge thing around and wrap yourself in it again.

swissair81
07-15-2010, 12:01 PM
dh got me a tempur-pedic one during my second pregnancy. way overpriced, but I didn't look a gift horse in the mouth. it is perfect considering my scoliosis.

lchang25000
07-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Love the Snoogle! Been using it since I was about 20 weeks preggo with DS. I still use it everyday!

HonoluluMom
07-15-2010, 12:35 PM
I used the Leachco All Nighter Total Body Pillow.

http://leachco.stores.yahoo.net/allnighter.html

lil_acorn
07-15-2010, 12:42 PM
the snoogle seems to be the winner! thanks ladies!!

TwinFoxes
07-15-2010, 12:51 PM
OK, voice of dissent, I HATED the snoogle! I thought it was hard, and the shape was uncomfortable. It also didn't work for my height, and I'm not super tall (5'8"). If I had to do it over, I'd just by a regular body pillow that felt nice.

marymoo86
07-15-2010, 01:06 PM
I agree with TF - a normal body length pillow is working for me. I have used one since I had back surgery a couple of years ago and doing fine with it so far in my pregnancy.

ivegotayen
07-16-2010, 01:15 AM
Another vote for the Snoozer. It was the only one I could find that was stuffed with down.

One caveat: the feathers leak out of it, so I got two regular, straight body pillow cases at Target to put on each end. With the pillow case that came with it on, along with the extra cases, no more feathers escape.

fumofu
07-16-2010, 05:09 AM
I tried the Snoogle in my 2nd trimester. Did not work for me - I still ended up on my back, got sore coz I was half on top of the Snoogle. So I ended up propping regular pillows between my legs and on my back. Now that I'm in my 3rd trimester, I have two pillows underneath my head (to relieve heartburn) and a decorative pillow between my legs.

KpbS
07-16-2010, 09:27 AM
Another vote for a regular body pillow here.

teedeedee
07-16-2010, 10:57 AM
I liked the snoogle a lot- but with our Queen bed, it seems to take up a ton of room. But, my DH sleeps with a couple of pillows himself so often times one of us ends up sleeping in the guest room. I really wish we had a King!