PDA

View Full Version : Can you recommend a toy barn for 2-3 YO?

sewarsh
07-15-2010, 09:31 PM
Preferably wood, but something that will work with my Anamalz!
Thanks!

Kindra178
07-15-2010, 10:43 PM
After much research and thoughts posted in the Around the House forum, we ended up with Schleich. It's okay. Wooden and extremely hard to put together.

sewarsh
07-16-2010, 08:42 AM
After much research and thoughts posted in the Around the House forum, we ended up with Schleich. It's okay. Wooden and extremely hard to put together.

Yea, I saw that one, but for the price i wasn't that impressed. i felt it was kinda boring, although it is very large. thanks for the suggestion.

kristac
07-16-2010, 09:14 AM
We have the full sized Fold and Go Barn (not the mini) from Melissa and Doug. It's ok also. I like that it folds up for storage, has a handle, and has several "rooms". The boys generally play with the animals more then the barn itself. The outside is painted and the inside is plain wood. Somehow they have cracked some of the wood inside the barn. I'm not sure how they managed it but it doesn't effect the functionality of it. So basically I like the design but as with most M&D toys I am not impressed by the quality.

http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Fold-Go-Barn/dp/B000067BIF/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1279285618&sr=1-3

ETA: I paid $25 on sale for it- I think it retails for $60ish ?

Plan has a cute one- if I was going to spend $60+ dollars on one that is what I would consider. I have never been disappointed with Plan Toys quality but I have not seen this one in person.
http://www.amazon.com/Plan-Toys-0714700-PlanToys-Barn/dp/B001E87B0O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1279286093&sr=1-1

elephantmeg
07-16-2010, 09:17 AM
we have the M+D one and like it fine

Seitvonzu
07-16-2010, 02:09 PM
we have the plan barn and use it with all our various sized animals. kids really see to like it and i got it for a GREAT price. i have the plan animals (last generation, they have new ones now) and some wooden animals and some plastic animals and some animalz too. oh, and some biggish stuffed animals. we use them all.

Drag0nflygirl
07-17-2010, 07:05 PM
I have the plan barn and it gets no love. I have most of the items that go with it. The only issue is dd splintered one of the roof pieces. It's totaly fixable, just not perfect. I live in Havertown. Would you like it?

Seitvonzu
07-17-2010, 10:23 PM
oh-- one thing that i actually like BETTER than the plan barn is the plan stable & chicken coop. it comes with horses and the chicken, so i think it's a better "value" in that respect. it looks really cute with our bigger barn. we also have the tractor which i think adds alot of play value and the gardening set which is really fun. did i mention i got a good deal? :)