PDA

View Full Version : Buh-bye and take care :)

firstbaby
07-17-2010, 05:15 PM
DH's friend since high school, his wife and kids are in town visiting for the next couple of weeks. I knew DH's friend since before they met and married and he is a really fun, nice guy. His wife, however, is totally snooty and not very friendly. We have them over several times every year they are in town and do our best to offer a nice time - cook for them, go to the pool, sight see, etc. But, this lady just acts like it is not good enough for her. Our kids all get along beautifully - they act like played together just yesterday even if it's been a year.

To make a long story short, friend and his family come over today to go to an event with DH and the kids. There were moon bounces, monster trucks, fair food, race simulators, etc. Before they leave, she's complaining that she can't believe she's going "to this type of event". As soon as they get there, she's complaining about the heat, about this, about that. She was campaigning to leave almost as soon as they got there. DH was like no way. It was $$ to get in and he wanted to make the most of it but told them they were welcome to head out if it was too hot for them. Finally, they all leave together and DH can see in his rearview mirror the whole way over she's ripping into her DH. So, they pull up to our house, grab the few things they dropped off here prior to heading out and she doesn't even get out of the car. Smiles sweetly and thanks us "for such a great day". And they drive off. Buh-bye and take care.

Note to DH's friend - feel free to come over with just you and the kids next time since we are not good enough for your wife (insert evil smiley here). Funny enough, DH met friend and his wife out last night - they were all meeting up with old friends. She stood off by herself and wouldn't speak to anyone. She left shortly into the evening and one of their old friends asked if that was a friend of his. He was like "Um, that's my wife". Nice, huh?

elephantmeg
07-17-2010, 09:50 PM
I had a friend like that for a while. Turned out she had some anxiety/depression issues... We had been great friends while we were dating and then things went really crazy for a few years and now things are back to being fine. But not fun at all! Good for your DH to say um not leaving!