PDA

View Full Version : Another reunion What to Wear?

fivi2
07-18-2010, 10:06 AM
Dh's 20 year reunion is coming up soon! It is in a hotel in a casual town. The dress code says "business casual"?

I currently own one dress that I wore to a wedding earlier this summer. It is this one from Ann Taylor, except mine is a lighter blue/green color and hits me at the knee.

But I wonder if this is too dressy? Should I just look for a nice top to wear with a black skirt or pants? A different dress? Arrggh!

SnuggleBuggles
07-18-2010, 10:36 AM
No, I like that dress and think it's appropriate. Just go simple with accessories and shoes.

Beth

fivi2
07-18-2010, 11:19 AM
Thanks! I didn't want to look for a new outfit, but I don't want to look overdressed :)

(bonus because I got the dress on sale and now get to wear it twice ;) )

TwinFoxes
07-18-2010, 11:23 AM
No, I like that dress and think it's appropriate. Just go simple with accessories and shoes.

Beth

:yeahthat: I think people tend to dress up for reunions. I grew up in a beach town, and all the women wore cocktail dresses, guys wore jackets.

fivi2
07-18-2010, 01:14 PM
I am just worried because it says business casual and dh says his guy friends are wearing like khakis and button downs... But of course he won't find out what any of the wives are wearing and I am really not good friends with any of them. I am sure there will be a big range and I won't look too out of place... I hope ;)

Thanks for the input :)

AshleyAnn
07-18-2010, 07:02 PM
Men will always be more dressed down that women. I like the dress and think its perfect.

fivi2
07-18-2010, 08:24 PM
Thanks! I had a GAP gift card that I haven't used, so I also just ordered a top. If I decide the dress doesn't work, then I think I could wear the blouse with a black skirt or pants. I will most likely end up wearing the dress, but I feel better with a back up plan ;) I have also told dh that he is required to find out what some of his friends' wives are wearing!