PDA

View Full Version : My order is not here!

DebbieJ
07-18-2010, 03:44 PM
I want to make my own laundry detergent. Instead of running from store to store to find all the supplies, I made it easy on myself and ordered everything online from www.soapsgonebuy.com

I ordered more than 10 days ago and my order status still says PROCESSING! This site is based in my state--I should have had my order immediately.

In the meantime, I did not buy more laundry detergent and now I'm out! GRRRRRR!!!

If I would have known they were going to take this long, I would have either bought more regular detergent or tracked down all the supplies locally and made my own by now!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

catsnkid
07-18-2010, 05:25 PM
Have you called them? Maybe something went screwy in cyberspace.

DebbieJ
07-18-2010, 05:28 PM
Have you called them? Maybe something went screwy in cyberspace.

I just called and the woman who runs the site has been out of the office and is behind. It would have been nice if there was a message on the website about that! GRRRRR. She WILL be hearing from me!

vejemom
07-18-2010, 10:46 PM
OT - i've been wanting to do this for awhile now. Could you post the recipe you're going to use? Sorry the website flaked on you.

DebbieJ
07-18-2010, 10:59 PM
OT - i've been wanting to do this for awhile now. Could you post the recipe you're going to use? Sorry the website flaked on you.

I got the recipe from the Duggar's website.

Homemade Liquid Laundry Soap- Front or top load machine- best value
4 Cups - hot tap water
1 Fels-Naptha soap bar
1 Cup - Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda (http://www.meijer.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=117533&parentCategoryId=1498&categoryId=1582&subCategoryId=1587)*
½ Cup Borax
- Grate bar of soap and add to saucepan with water. Stir continually over medium-low heat until soap dissolves and is melted.
-Fill a 5 gallon bucket half full of hot tap water. Add melted soap, washing soda and Borax. Stir well until all powder is dissolved. Fill bucket to top with more hot water. Stir, cover and let sit overnight to thicken.
-Stir and fill a used, clean, laundry soap dispenser half full with soap and then fill rest of way with water. Shake before each use. (will gel)
-Optional: You can add 10-15 drops of essential oil per 2 gallons. Add once soap has cooled. Ideas: lavender, rosemary, tea tree oil.
-Yield: Liquid soap recipe makes 10 gallons.
-Top Load Machine- 5/8 Cup per load (Approx. 180 loads)
-Front Load Machines- ¼ Cup per load (Approx. 640 loads)
*Arm & Hammer "Super Washing Soda" - in some stores or may be purchased online here (http://www.meijer.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=117533&parentCategoryId=1498&categoryId=1582&subCategoryId=1587) (at Meijer.com). Baking Soda will not work, nor will Arm & Hammer Detergent - It must be sodium carbonate (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_carbonate)!!

MamaMolly
07-19-2010, 01:41 PM
I bought everything to make my own soap at the grocery store. Fels Naptha, A&H washing soda (not baking soda!) and Borax. Frighteningly cheap.

DebbieJ
07-19-2010, 02:16 PM
I bought everything to make my own soap at the grocery store. Fels Naptha, A&H washing soda (not baking soda!) and Borax. Frighteningly cheap.

I looked at WalMart and couldn't find any of it, so I gave up and ordered online. To me, time is money, and I didn't have the time or patience to go from store to store with two children in tow to find everything.

DebbieJ
07-19-2010, 02:18 PM
She did contact me today. Turns out she was out of town for the birth of her grandchild. You'd think she could put an automated message on for those who order or hire someone to fill orders for a week. Oh well.

I did find a box of Borax in my laundry room. I knew I had one but couldn't find it before I ordered. It was behind a bottle of bleach. She is going to take that off my order and credit me for it and then get my order out ASAP.

In the meantime, I have a small bottle of Tide we can use. I usually use the F&C detergent from Costco so this smell of Tide is overwhelming! And I have to be careful in my HE machine, so hopefully this order will come SOON!

icunurse
07-19-2010, 04:23 PM
At least it is allegedly on its way :)

Can you let us know how you think it works after you have made/tried it? Also, how are you going to store it - just cut down the recipe or ???

Thanks and good luck!!