PDA

View Full Version : Help with napping!

jess24
07-19-2010, 08:42 AM
Hello I am a ftm and am needing help with getting DD to sleep during the day. When we first brought her home, she would wake up to eat and fall back to sleep and would be out for 2-3 hours. Since the 4th of July the only way she will fall asleep is pacifing on my breast and she wont let me put her down. I have tried offering a pacifier and she wont have it. She starts flipping out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated on what I can do to get her to take her naps! Thank you:)

jdruffel
07-21-2010, 05:34 PM
My DD did the same thing after 2 weeks. She is now 8 weeks and still likes to pacify on my breast to get drowsy. I then rock/hold her for 20 min before I put her down for a nap, otherwise she'll wake up. I also swaddle her. If I do not have the time to hold her for 20 min I put her in the swing and usually she'll fall asleep in it, but not always. She is not a great sleeper day and night and the swing as been a life-saver for us. Hope this helps!

BabyBearsMom
07-22-2010, 10:20 AM
I had the same problem. It just took DD a while before she was able to nap without being held. I would say she was 8 or 10 weeks. We make sure her room is very dark, turn on white noise, swaddle her snuggly (we like to use the woombie), and then stroke her head until she falls asleep. I found if she fell asleep in my arms, she woke up as soon as I put her down, so if she falls asleep in her crib, she will stay asleep much longer. I hope that helps and good luck!