PDA

View Full Version : when will be the day!!!

prats
07-19-2010, 09:24 AM
I am in my 39th week right now............on friday(16th) i went to my gyno who did an internal exam and said that there are no changes in cervix......she has called me after a week.........Has anyone experienced something similar?......did u deliver on or before your due date?

momtoonegirl
07-19-2010, 09:35 AM
I am currently 39 weeks with baby #2, 3 cm dilated and 50% effaced. The ob said baby can come whenever. I know it is hard to wait, as I am also ready for this baby to come. My DD was born 4 days after her due date. It is entirely possible that this one may be late too. All I know is that usually babies come when they come, no matter what we want :)

Good luck!

swissair81
07-19-2010, 10:02 AM
I dilated to 2 & 70% with baby number 1 & she was 2 days late.

I wasn't dilated at all with number 2 & she was 3 weeks early.

I was dilated 1 & maybe 50% for about 3 weeks before baby number 3 arrived 8 days early.

This time I have no intention of letting them check me. It doesn't mean anything.

luckytwenty
07-19-2010, 10:18 AM
Good luck to you!! I had both mine early, at 37 and 38 weeks. Hope yours arrives easily and safely!

sste
07-19-2010, 10:20 AM
My OB told me that she looks for the point where it looks like the patient just can't go on physically, they are done in, it is taking them a long time to get up off the chair in the waiting room, etc.

Her method was very reliable with me. I was barely dilated/effaced and she guessed my delivery date within 36 hours (and I was a 38 weeker first time mom)!