PDA

View Full Version : CIBC credit card fraud - question

mikeys_mom
07-19-2010, 10:20 AM
I have the CIBC Aerogold Visa card. I've had this card for over 10 years and have not really had too many complaints. I got a call from them this weekend that my number has been compromised and they need to issue me a new card. This is the second time this has happened in the past 6 months and the third time in the past 2 years. They have told me that it is just a coincidence that it has happened to me this frequently and not related to anything that I did. She told me that credit card fraud has become more prevalent these days and that's why it is happening to me more often. DH has the same CC, but with a different account number and he has not had any of these issues.

Has anyone else had problems with CIBC or any of the other banks? I'm glad that they seem to catch the fraud pretty early on but so annoyed to have to deal with this.

EllasMum
07-19-2010, 12:58 PM
I did have it happen once, with a Bank of Montreal Mastercard. They said I had used my card at a location where a card swiper had been found. So, it wasn't that my card, specifically, had been defrauded, but rather that I had used it at a location that had problems. I had the same thing happen with my debit card a few years later.