PDA

View Full Version : When in pregnancy were you the most/least hungry?

luckytwenty
07-19-2010, 01:35 PM
Just wondering if I'm the only one out there who has done everything in exactly the wrong order, according to the pregnancy books!

This is my third pregnancy, and all three times I was a starvin' marvin the first 12-15 weeks or so, and gained a lot of weight. This time I was running three days a week and spinning two, and I still gained about a pound a week in the first tri, which would have freaked me out if it hadn't been my third time going through this!

I was moderately hungry after that--and then after the half way point, again all three times, I lost my cravings, lost my food aversions, and am eating pretty much as I did pre-pregnancy, minus the artificial sweeteners, booze and sushi. :-P I'm gaining weight, but at a slower pace than in the beginning (which is good!! Otherwise I'd end up gaining like 50 lbs or something!!)

The other times I ended up with a slightly above recommended gain (36 & 41 lbs) which I didn't have much trouble losing post partum and two healthy, normal sized babies, so I'm not really worried. Just baffled by why my body has decided to rebel against What To Expect three times in a row!!

swissair81
07-19-2010, 02:50 PM
Taking your last point first, What to Expect is a silly, unrealistic book.

As for me, this time I gained 5 lbs almost immediately. I got sick at about 10 weeks & lost 10 lbs. I had to really curtail my cravings in my 2nd trimester & now I'm not hungry at all. I'm 33 2/7 weeks & I am not hungry at all. Lots of fruit & veggies, the occasional slice of raisin bread. Oh and lots of slurpees. I've gained about 24 lbs.

SnuggleBuggles
07-19-2010, 02:52 PM
Never crazy hungry with either of them. However, my love of chocolate milk with ds2 (plus him being almost 10lbs) had my weight gain with him at 40lbs. I gained 26 with ds1 and a few of those came on at the very end. I say that if he had come even by his EDD I'd have had no stretch marks. It was the going to 42w that did it. :)

Beth

Momit
07-19-2010, 03:02 PM
I was pretty much hungry throughout my pregnancy - I never had morning sickness, so it started early and continued the whole time. I think I gained 30 lbs. total.

bostonsmama
07-19-2010, 04:37 PM
I pretty much wasn't hungry until the 2nd trimester hit (only gained 3lbs til then). Sometime around wk 16 I got REALLY hungry, and since then I've had intermittent days of not feeling like eating at all (get full too quick or am dealing with heartburn) and feeling like I'm starving. By Thurs (22wks) I think I'll have hit 11 lbs weight gain. Oddly, I have tracked near perfectly with my 3 books on weight gain, although WTEWYE says 12-14lbs total at the END of the 2nd trimester, although I still have six weeks to go til the 3rd tri hits...and I can't imagine only gaining 1-3 more lbs by then! I'm still pretty hungry when not battling stomach flu!

marymoo86
07-20-2010, 07:23 PM
I'm 25wk4d and I was only really hungry the first 8-10 weeks. Never had morning sickness but would get queasy if I didn't eat every 2 hours. Now eating is not much fun even doing smaller portions just feel big and bloated even though I have gained about 5lbs total.

ewpmsw
07-20-2010, 08:58 PM
Lost weight from not eating 1st trimesters, gained appetite and weight second trimesters, lost appetite third trimesters. I'm 36 weeks now and feel like I did in the beginning: nauseous at the thought of any and all food.

newg
07-21-2010, 02:15 PM
yeah, I've been eating since Christmas ;) Even in the first trimester when I didn't feel good....salty snack did make me feel good, so I ate those all the time.
I'm just glad I'll be walking and nursing when DD2 arrives, so hopefully I'll have all this weight off in nine months time.....

I was the same way with DD1 too.

fumofu
07-27-2010, 03:12 AM
I've been lucky and haven't suffered from morning sickness, even during 1st trimester. But I've been hungry since then! Might have dwindled a bit during 2nd trimester, but now that I'm at 39 weeks, I am hungry a lot. I crave all kinds of food, and have gained 32 lbs.