PDA

View Full Version : Grrr...don't swap swim teachers on me

niccig
07-21-2010, 01:55 AM
I signed DS up for 2 sessions of swim class, and specifically asked for the main swim teacher. DS can swim, but he's tricky. We call it DS's shenanigans. Eg. he can float, but if he hear you counting, he'll stop floating when you reach 10. If he can't hear you, he'll float for a count of 53. He won't open his eyes under water to pick up a toy, but if you ask him to tell you how many fingers you're holding under the water, he'll open his eyes.

The 2nd session starts tomorrow and I just get an email that the main instructor (the owner of the swim school) isn't going to teach this session. NO!!!!!!!!!! Email says to contact her if I have a problem. Yes, I have a problem. I set the times so I had you, as you know what DS is like and you motivate him and know his tricks. Swapping to some one new will take us back to square one as he'll try all his tricks again. I need someone who knows what he can do and not let him negotiate his way out of it..Eg. he'll argue "No, you're too far away" when he can swim across the whole pool! It's all about confidence, DS can swim but he's still not confident.

At the very least, swap us to one of the 2 instructors who has been in the pool at the same time as DS for the last 8 days - they've seen how he plays up and know what he can do.

The same thing happened last year, we got swapped to someone else. That I understood as there was a death in the family. For it to happen again, I am not happy - and I don't think there's a family emergency. You said you would be teaching all 4 sessions, so teach them. If 4 sessions are too much, which I would understand as you've got 4 boys and want a break to be with them over the Summer, then set in advance which sessions you will not be teaching, so we can plan accordingly.

sariana
07-21-2010, 02:51 AM
I hear you. My son requires "special care," too, and I am dismayed when instructors change at the last minute. Hopefully you'll be able to work it out.

MamaMolly
07-21-2010, 07:13 AM
IIWY I might omit the last sentence but other than that I'd forward your BP on to the teacher. They need to know that you specifically chose the times and instructor and that this isn't what you thought you were getting when you signed up.