PDA

View Full Version : Grilled chicken with lemon basil pasta

infomama
07-21-2010, 01:04 PM
This looks SO good. Making it tomorrow. http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/07/grilled-chicken-with-lemon-basil-pasta/

tamie
07-22-2010, 02:46 PM
I saw this yesterday. Looks amazing! I think I will make it this weekend!

swrc00
07-22-2010, 03:26 PM
That sounds yummy! I love her recipes!

boolady
07-22-2010, 03:49 PM
Did you make it? How was it? It sounds really good.

infomama
07-22-2010, 04:25 PM
Did you make it? How was it? It sounds really good.
I didn't marinate the chicken last night and I want to give it the full 24 hours so I am doing something else tonight. That being said....I'm marinating the chicken tonight and making it tomorrow as I bought some beautiful organic basil at the farmers market yesterday just for it.

I'll let you know how it turned out.

alien_host
07-23-2010, 09:27 AM
That looks yummy and I have basil coming out of my ears in my garden!

OK it says 1/2 cup cream and 1/2 cup half and half in the photo section but I printed the recipe and it says 3/4 cups heavy cream and 1/4 half and half.

Does anyone think it would still be good with just half and half?

alien_host
07-24-2010, 05:15 PM
I improvised since I didn't have a lemon and my pasta was tasty!

I cut up a zucchini, sauteed in EVOO a little chicken stock and garlic added salt and pepper. Removed to a plate. I took chicken cutlets and cooked it in the same pan with a bit more olive oil. Removed to plate.

I added about 2 tbs butter, more garlic and about 1/3 cup of cream and shredded romano cheese. I heated it to melt the cheese, I thinned it with some more chicken broth (I forgot and tossed the pasta water) and added salt and pepper. Add the zucchini and chicken back in to heat through

I had a lot of browned bits from cooking the chicken in the pan so I deglazed it when I put in the butter and cream....the sauce was't white but tasted so good with the drippings.
I tossed in the pasta to coat and added chopped basil to the plate and more cheese. This served DH and I..maybe 1/3 lb pasta.

You can sort of adjust the amount of sauce depending on the number of people. I really just eyeballed it all. Next time I'll have the lemon to try it again.