PDA

View Full Version : Today sucked

Carrots
07-21-2010, 06:26 PM
Poor dd2 has terrible reflux and needs to be set upright or held 90% of the time. She basically cried all day long. I tried the carrier, sling and resting her on my shoulder, but nothing worked. Ped isn't in until tomorrow.

DD1 is acting out because of lack of attention. I feel terrible. She actually told me a few times to put DD2 down so I could play with her. When I said I couldn't she started screaming. Screaming infant, screaming toddler..... Toddler is now chasing the dog around the house with a fire engine push toy.

Serenity now!!!!

DH is on his way home and I am doing the hand off after dinner and retiring for the night. Before I do that I need to get a birthday gift for a playdate party tomorrow morning.

It could be worse, but I needed to vent and get that off my chest.

Smillow
07-21-2010, 09:06 PM
I'm sorry you had such a trying day! It must have felt awful to have both your kids need/want you & not be able to make either of them happy!
I hope you can relax & rest tonight!:grouphug:

arivecchi
07-21-2010, 09:49 PM
Having a newborn is hard. Hope tomorrow is a better day.

Melbel
07-21-2010, 11:25 PM
BTDT with a colicky infant and toddler needing attention. DD2 has severe reflux too. "Serenity now!" was an expression that I used too. :hug:

In case you would like some practical advice too, Zegerid has helped DD2 tremendously with her reflux pain.

Carrots
07-22-2010, 05:24 PM
Thanks, ladies!

Today has been 100% better than yesterday! DD2 is much more comfortable today and DD1 had a fun time playing her heart out with friends at the birthday party this morning.

Thanks for letting me vent yesterday. :)

elektra
07-22-2010, 05:38 PM
Glad to hear it! Meant to respond to this yesterday and then didn't get a chance. It was really tough for me with baby #2 in those first 6 weeks or so home. I had one horrible day in particular that I still remember, where I lost it and took a lot of it out on DD. I felt so bad. But as you have already found out, it does get better!
Hang in there.