PDA

View Full Version : Staying at Saratoga Springs: any tips, advice? How's the bus?

sewarsh
07-22-2010, 07:54 AM
Is it longish? Should we rent car and drive to a resort to hop on a monorail?

Any tips for us related to the resort in general?

Our kids will be just over 2 & 4 YO.

Thanks.

egoldber
07-22-2010, 08:25 AM
I have never stayed there, but I have visited the resort and it is beautiful. One advantage is that you can walk or take a boat to Downtown Disney.

Saratoga Springs has dedicated bus service. Sometimes the buses will be speedy and sometimes not. It's more a matter of luck than anything. Whether or not you feel a need to rent a car is up to you. Many people happily ride the buses. My DH has little patience for waiting for the buses, so for *us*, it is worth it to rent a car.

The bus will almost certainly take longer for almost all parks except the Magic Kingdom. At the MK, when you drive you parkl at what is called the "TTC". From there you take a boat or you can ride a monorail to the front entrance of the MK. That can take 15-30 minutes. The bus drops you right at the front entrance.

Should we rent car and drive to a resort to hop on a monorail

There's no advantage to doing this and technically it is not allowed except for short term parking needs (like a restaurant reservation).

ETA: Here is the FAQ from allears.net about SS. http://allears.net/acc/faq_ss.htm

sewarsh
07-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Thanks Beth, I'll definatley check out that site.