PDA

View Full Version : Did you switch to a cheaper diaper brand w/DC #2?

ourbabygirl
07-22-2010, 08:34 AM
I've tried Pampers, Huggies, Target Up & Up, and a couple of random store brands from when we were on vacation, and the only ones I've liked and had good luck with are Pampers (Swaddlers, then Baby Dry). I'm trying to use mostly CD with DD now, but I still use the Pampers on her overnight and when traveling. With DS due this fall, I'm wondering if I'd be able to switch to a cheaper brand with him. Any experience with this, or do you generally stick with the same brand disposables for both/ all your kids? I'm wondering if boys' anatomy and stuff would make it simpler to use a different (hopefully cheaper) brand- I know at least two moms who use Huggies with their boys.

Thanks for your help!

DietCokeLover
07-22-2010, 08:44 AM
I used Target brand or Huggies with DD. But, Luvs works so much better for DS. I just think each child is shaped differently.

WatchingThemGrow
07-22-2010, 08:44 AM
We used Cruisers with DD because they fit her well and didn't leak. DS1- same thing. DS2 seemed to do okay with Baby Dry, and it was good since Cruisers changed and caused those burns. So..we changed styles, but not brands. I have almost 5000 gifts to grow points now, even after redeeming some, lol. Oh, I ONLY buy when they are more than 30% off.

egoldber
07-22-2010, 08:53 AM
I used a mix of CDs and Pampers/Luvs with older DD. Younger DD is shaped differently, so we started to use more Huggies style diapers. but I have used CVS, Walgreens, Target, Luvs, Kirkland, Huggies, etc. I was definitely a lot less brand loyal this time.

hlphillips2
07-22-2010, 10:14 PM
My girls are both shaped about the same, and I used pampers exclusively with DD#1. This go round I used cloth for a very long time until we put our house on the market LOL! (Nothing says "buy our house" like a stinky diaper pail!) For a few months I switched to Target and they seem to fit about the same, so I'm sticking with them aside from the occasional Pampers pull up. I had to use Pampers with DD#1 also because she broke out anytime I used a cheap diaper, but for some reason DD#2 seems okay with Target brand. Maybe it's because she's older when I tried it?

AnnieW625
07-22-2010, 10:31 PM
With DD1 we went from Pampers to 7th Gen. to Costco. With DD2 we went from Pampers to cloth, but now due to some diaper rashes/yeast infections that aren't curing properly we are going to try 7th Gen. for the unforseable future. My hope is to eventually go back to prefolds.

longtallsally05
07-24-2010, 04:59 PM
Yep. DD wore Pampes Swaddlers, then Cruisers b/c she was a skinny baby and we didn't have many options where we lived. DS has a big tummy and we went with Huggies Snugglers in the beginning (loved that pocket that trapped liquid poo...fewer blow outs for sure) and then Huggies Supreme Little Movers. Huggies worked well, but when we moved, we got a Costco membership. We have switched to Costco's Kirkland Signature diapers (their in-store brand) and they look almost identical to Huggies Supremes, and they work almost as well. The Kirkland/Costco diapers put out more gel beads, but the savings are worth a few extra pennies on wipes. We started using Huggies overnights around age one b/c the regular diapers just don't cut it.