PDA

View Full Version : Stressing out on a work decision!

elektra
07-23-2010, 12:59 PM
Ok so my last round of bitches about work were that I was stuck in a rut, not wanting to deal with the reorg we were going through etc.
Well I sort of got what I wished for and I have a whole new set of responsibilities and I have no experience with some of this stuff!
I am having to decide on the lead actor for our television commercial and I have no clue how to pick the person.
Their fate rests in my hands and I am a total rookie at casting!
I am just the clueless client.

I really like one girl but I think her breasts are too big and distracting. I actually think she would be perfect if not for the breasts thing (we are selling a business product). I think they can hide this with wardrobe though.

But the other girl, who the director wants, is too young and flirty in her delivery.

I admit that this kind of fun but it's my ass on the line if this whole things gets produced and everyone hates her!

I do have people to consult who do actually know what they are doing but it's kind of on me. Crap.

bubbaray
07-23-2010, 01:14 PM
Cast a guy and go with the cutest one -- and tell us which commercial it is! ;) BTW, have you seen the Old Spice commercial on FB??? OMG.

Anyway, totally not helpful.

I would go with my gut. Sounds like you want to cast #1. Wearing a coverup. LOL.

elektra
07-23-2010, 01:27 PM
Well it's not 100% yet but, it looks like they have talked me into eyes girl instead of boobs girl.

The eyes girl does have huge memorable eyes and if she can tone down the flirty then I think we will be ok.

We do have men in the commercial too. I think I better go back and review the casting there in case they want to get rid of any of the cute ones! ;) I am the only woman in the decision making process here I just realized. Funny that I am the only one who mentioned the breasts thing too, with everyone else being male. Although I can almost guarantee they were clued in to the largeness (but maybe not because she was trying really hard to cover them up with her clothes I could tell).

And yes the Old Spice campaign is on every ad person's radar right now. Quite the buzz there!

The shoot is on Monday and I'll let you guys know when it airs later in the fall. :)

wellyes
07-23-2010, 02:01 PM
Your job sounds cool. I'm jealous!

arivecchi
07-23-2010, 02:18 PM
No advice here, but good luck!

BabyMine
07-23-2010, 08:51 PM
Your job sounds cool. I'm jealous!

:yeahthat: I'd like to apply for an intern position.:D

Corie
07-23-2010, 09:32 PM
Send me their head shots and I'll help you decide. :)

elektra
07-24-2010, 01:33 AM
Well, this is not a daily occurence, that's for sure. If it did it all the time, I wouldn't be so stressed about messing it up probably! It has been fun doing this part because it's new and it's on TV. I mean I have worked in advertising/marketing for my entire career but it's never been my call on anything to do with this part of things. I have always been more of a numbers person working on a whole other side of the business. I am definitely out of my comfort zone! At least it's fun. It would be worse if I was a creative person thrown into the crunching of the numbers and being clueless there I suppose.