PDA

View Full Version : I thought I could handle it...

Reyadawnbringer
07-24-2010, 04:04 PM
This week DH has been working 8am to later than 10pm everyday since sunday. It was my first week back at home with DS as I wasaid off last friday. DS has been adjusting to being at home instead of at daycare. Everything has been going mostly fine. I have dealt with several catastrophes on my own including an ant invasion that just wouldn't stop. DS and I just woke up from a nap and I go into the pantry to get some food for myself (DS is at high chair eating). I look in to grab some food and what do I see on the box of granola bars?? A BIG A$$ BUG! Looks like a huge "water bug" or what I would call a roach. We haven't had any bugs in the house and now suddenly in the last 2 weeks we have had a bug invasion. First the "water bug" that crawled on my leg when I got up out of bed on my last day of work. Then the ants that took over the living room and DS' room. Then there were the random beetles in the kitchen and bathroom. And now the huge a$$ roach in the pantry. I closed the pantry and hope it stays there until DH gets home at 7pm. I don't do bugs. I especially don't do bugs that look like roaches and are as bog as my hand. Eff that crap. And while he is dealing with the problem, DS and I will be going out somewhere... Anywhere. And for now, we are leaving and I will eat while we are out. I am so not braving opening that pantry again!

Of course this would happen on the last day of the stretch DH has been working

/cry

AnnieW625
07-24-2010, 04:15 PM
hugs to you. So sorry you got laid off. I don't care for bugs either, but at least it wasn't a snake in the toilet.

Reyadawnbringer
07-24-2010, 04:18 PM
No, the four foot snake was in my SIL's house last week going after her birds...

WatchingThemGrow
07-24-2010, 05:48 PM
I can deal with bugs a tiny bit better than the mice that infested our kitchen two weeks ago. :barf:
Sorry you're having to deal with bugs plus the layoff plus DH's extra long hours. Hope it all gets better soon! Do you have an exterminator or some bait?

Reyadawnbringer
07-24-2010, 09:25 PM
Now see I prefer the mice over the bugs. I have some long stemming issues with bugs going all the way back to childhood-especially roaches.

almostamom
07-24-2010, 09:50 PM
I don't do bugs. I just don't. I would "pay" my students in Jolly Ranchers if they would kill the bugs in my classroom. I completely understand!

Hugs,
Lind

jent
07-24-2010, 09:52 PM
What an icky end to an icky week. Hugs to you!