PDA

View Full Version : Waaah! I let my code expire! What now?

WatchingThemGrow
07-24-2010, 04:34 PM
We went to POR one night last Oct. and had a great time. We're going back this year and doing MK, plus one character meal.

Finally got a smokin' deal on flights just now, so I called to book the room. The 40% off code I was sitting on expired the weekend we had mice in our kitchen. :crying::crying::crying: Now what?

Since we will have a double stroller and a single stroller to push, we were planning on staying at the Contemporary. We have the princess breakfast (CRT) at 9:15 one morning. We thought about driving over early that morning, doing breakfast, midday at the park, checking into our room at rest time, then heading back out for the evening. That would now be more than $700 for the night. Yikes.

Other options:
CR garden wing $433 for the night before - wake up, check out, go to breakfast

BLT 500-525 for the night after we've been at the park all day (good for naptime)

or Wilderness Lodge (doing the boat thing) for $333

Looks like I need to decide quickly. WWYD? Is it better to have the DC nap in the room the day we're at the park or hope they will nap in the stroller and just keep on going since we'll only be there one day?

alien_host
07-24-2010, 05:05 PM
So sorry! Did you beg the CM? I would have cried about how my house was infested with mice and that I forgot to make the call.

I'm not sure what to do. I'm thinking that switching resorts is kind of a PITA, but I'm sure others have better advice. I'd call back and beg some more!

WatchingThemGrow
07-24-2010, 05:26 PM
Ok, I did just that, probably as you were writing. Luckily, I got cut off from Maverick and got a sweet mama of six DC when I called back. When I explained about the mice, the code, the double and single stroller, etc, she starting pumping me for discounts - yes..AAA which I forgot I used last time. Anyway, got a room for $381 total for the night before our breakfast. We'll maybe try to take the baby (and maybe the 2yo) into one of the comfort stations to nap in the afternoon, I guess...

Anyway, panic is over... thanks alien :) You just went recently, didn't you?

alien_host
07-24-2010, 05:36 PM
Ok, I did just that, probably as you were writing. Luckily, I got cut off from Maverick and got a sweet mama of six DC when I called back. When I explained about the mice, the code, the double and single stroller, etc, she starting pumping me for discounts - yes..AAA which I forgot I used last time. Anyway, got a room for $381 total for the night before our breakfast. We'll maybe try to take the baby (and maybe the 2yo) into one of the comfort stations to nap in the afternoon, I guess...

Anyway, panic is over... thanks alien :) You just went recently, didn't you?

Yay! Did you get the Contemporary?

We did just go in May and stayed at the BLT. It is a very easy walk from CR to MK.

Do they do late check-out at all? Might be worth asking...probably not today but maybe when you check-in? I have no recollection of check-out time since we had an early flight.

I don't know the rules, but maybe you and the baby can sit by the pool in the shade on check-out day during nap time if it isn't too crowded or loud? I assume you'll have your bags kept at the resort? I'm thinking you probably can use the pool on check-out day.

Have fun!

WatchingThemGrow
07-24-2010, 05:40 PM
Check out is 11, but you can use the resort until 11:59pm. We won't be pushing it that hard, lol. I assume we'll just pack up early in the a.m. and have them keep our bags until the evening when we're ready to go. We'll do our pool hopping and such the day before the park visit. Actually, now that you mention late check out, I remember pushing it to 12:15 last year b/c I was pumping for DS2. That was fun reason to call and request a late checkout. yes, Contemporary Garden wing is what I settled on. Not ideal, but we can still ride the elevators, etc.