PDA

View Full Version : I need to be alone....Update!

liz
07-24-2010, 08:53 PM
with just me, myself and I. I am having one of those days where I have to plan something for myself. No kids, no husband, no errands, nothing. DH has been so busy running in charity races and softball, etc that I am feeling quite jealous of his schedule. The monotony and grind of the everyday stuff, making meals, cleaning (and despairing about it because it never seems to get done) shopping, and caring for the kids is just getting to me, esp today.

Of course, none of my friends are available to get together for a much needed girls night out. So, a lightbulb went off in my head. I will go out alone! To a movie. Maybe some ice cream. Listening to my own music in the car, blasting. Sadly, I feel kind of guilty, because I know DH would love to come with me and spend time with me, but.....I just want to be alone.

I went out on my own last night. I went to the movies to see "Salt" with Angelina Jolie and then I went to Homegoods (the land of precariously placed breakable items that I am terrified to bring my 3 boys to) and was able to shop in peace.

DH didn't bat an eye when I told him I was going to the movies, but I know he was a little bummed we weren't going together. I had a really nice night. Thanks for the words of support and encouragement!

scrooks
07-24-2010, 08:57 PM
Don't feel bad about taking some time for yourself. Everyone needs a little peace and quiet and time to recharge their batteries! Don't feel guilty!

MamaMolly
07-24-2010, 10:56 PM
Do not DO NOT feel guilty. I will bop you on your noggin!! Look at that long list of things you have been doing. Take some time for yourself and ENJOY it. Relish in it. As my mama would say, wallow in it! First of all you earned it. Second, if you feel guilty you will spoil the pleasure of the time out. Please don't do that! Third, if you enjoy it you are refreshed to go back to your day-to-day stuff with a brighter attitude.

I knew I'd let go of guilt today when I was going to CVS to make a return and asked DH if I needed to bring my phone and he said no. I booked it out of here so fast!! I took a nice walk to CVS, did the shopping I needed to do, and stopped by the Gap on my way back. And took the time to try on stuff and bought a couple of shirts and goodies for DD2. Fun, fun, fun. And I think I might have had a $h!t eating grin on my face the whole time, imagining DH handling a tired and cranky DD1 and a potentially fussy D2.

Awesome day.

zephyr
07-25-2010, 02:59 PM
I think EVERY mommy needs time just by herself. I need to get more breaks like that and no, they don't make me feel guilty because being a mom can be very exhausting. I know my DH doesn't feel guilty when he is out doing fun stuff, so I don't either.

maestramommy
07-25-2010, 03:47 PM
I hear you!! I love going out with my DH, but one of these days I am taking a day or evening off!

liz
07-28-2010, 06:32 AM
Update in original post :)

WatchingThemGrow
07-28-2010, 07:15 AM
Totally jealous! Glad you got to go!!

catpagmo
07-28-2010, 07:20 PM
Good for you! Sounds like you had a great time. It's important for us mommies to remember to take care of ourselves, too.