PDA

View Full Version : I have a serious nesting issue...

swissair81
07-26-2010, 10:37 AM
I am usually the laziest person on the planet. Really. Truly. Especially when I'm pregnant in the summer. But apparently someone lit a fire under my behind, because I've been in hyperdrive since last Thursday. On Thursday, I made it to Target (to get garbage cans & assorted must have toiletries), the lube place (for an oil change), to the mall (to return something & scope out holiday clothes for the kids), and to the supermarket to stock up on food to cook for above mentioned holidays. I also cooked supper for the first time (besides Friday afternoon) in ages. On Friday, I cleaned up the house, made a batch of bread (destined for the freezer) with the kids & cooked for the weekend. Sunday didn't count because I amused the kids the whole day. This morning, however, I was up at 6:00 after a dream about bad labor & showered. Since then, I already have another bread dough rising, gefilte fish & a large pot of chicken soup up on the stove to freeze. I sold a stroller, had the lady from the county who comes to evaluate my son's gross motor skills & I have another appt @ 11:30. I also have a planned outing with my sister to get dd1 school shoes at Nordstrom's anniversary sale.

My mother keeps asking me if I'm all right & if I feel any contractions. My dh looks at me like he wonders where I put his wife. What is up with that? I'm sitting down for the first time in close to 5 hours & it's like I have Restless Legs Syndrome- only not just my legs.

arivecchi
07-26-2010, 11:03 AM
I don't think I can accomplish all of that in a month. :bag I don't think that is nesting - that is super-nesting!

luckytwenty
07-26-2010, 11:18 AM
When are you due again? I'm enjoying the high-energy second trimester and am getting a lot done, though not that much! From what I remember, I'll likely get lazy and tired again until the very very end, and then super-nest like you! Glad you're getting things accomplished. I think you know the end is near when you suddenly want a short haircut. That was the tip off for me the other two times!

sste
07-26-2010, 11:20 AM
The end is near! When is your due date? I am wondering if you might be delivering in a few more days. :)

swissair81
07-26-2010, 11:27 AM
Due September 4th. I'm 34 2/7 weeks. Hoping to cook a little longer. I had lots of complications this time, so I'm much further along than I have any right to expect. Oh and the short haircut is gotten. I even waxed my brows again.

luckytwenty
07-26-2010, 11:31 AM
Maybe you're just enjoying a burst of energy. I definitely got very "nesty" well before the babies actually arrived. It wasn't a day before labor thing for me at all.

Roni
07-26-2010, 12:30 PM
Wow, good for you. I'm a little panicky b/c the nursery is a long way from being done, but we did get the big girls moved downstairs this week. I'm having a lazy-ish day today after all of the work I did last week, but there is still a long way to go. I need to keep up the momentum, but it's not in me today. Send some energy my way!

candaceb
07-26-2010, 07:13 PM
I have cleaned out half the closets in the house. C-section is scheduled for next Tuesday and now I just have to make sure to get the stuff dropped off at Goodwill or else it will be here for weeks after baby arrives.

swissair81
07-26-2010, 07:33 PM
Wow, good for you. I'm a little panicky b/c the nursery is a long way from being done, but we did get the big girls moved downstairs this week. I'm having a lazy-ish day today after all of the work I did last week, but there is still a long way to go. I need to keep up the momentum, but it's not in me today. Send some energy my way!

Moved the girls into the same room in May (and I cosleep/room share for months). I figured that I might as well get them used to it before school. As for the nursery, is sticking a crib in a room & calling it a nursery, really bad?

newg
07-26-2010, 07:34 PM
I am so jealous of you right now!! As I sit in my "bedrest" chair I am making lists and lists of the things I wanted to do before the baby comes that just aren't going to get done. I'm hoping to get clearance to start walking around on Friday, but I don't think cleaning out the pantry, linen closet, going through the boxes of DD's old clothes, and making/freezing meals for after she's born are going to pass as appropriate things to do in the next few week!!

I did get a ton done before DD1 was born, and it was a solid month before she was actually born, so I don't think that always is an indicator of when the baby will be born.

swissair81
07-26-2010, 07:37 PM
I know how you feel. I was on bedrest with dd2 from 31-36 weeks & this time from 10-24 weeks. It's no fun & makes one feel hopelessly lazy. Last time though, I cleaned out the garage, the storage room & cooked for all the holidays & I still made it almost to 39 weeks. 38 6/7 weeks to be precise. I got absolutely nothing done with dd2 & she was 36 5/7 weeks. So I have no way of knowing.

Roni
07-27-2010, 11:40 AM
Moved the girls into the same room in May (and I cosleep/room share for months). I figured that I might as well get them used to it before school. As for the nursery, is sticking a crib in a room & calling it a nursery, really bad?

Nope, that's not bad at all. Unfortunately for us, what is going to be the nursery has a lot of clutter in it. Since neither of my girls liked the bassinet, & we found the whole transition to the crib to be horrendous, my plan this time is to set up the nursery with a crib right away and put in a bed for me. That way, dh doesn't have to be disturbed when I get up with the baby at night or bring it into bed. Then, he can be on morning duty with the big sisters. But, if the baby decides to come early and we aren't done, we'll just have to pull out the bassinet and bring the baby into our room.