PDA

View Full Version : Question for WDW annual passholders...

TwinFoxes
07-26-2010, 02:19 PM
If you've booked a room with your annual pass, how significant is the discount, and how easy is it to get a discount at WDW? We are vaguely considering buying an annual pass for one of us for our upcoming trip....we will likely buy a lot of souvenirs because it is the girls' first trip, and I've been going through Disney withdrawal since leaving So Cal. But I think it will only be worth it if we can get a significant discount on rooms.

I really hope someone can help me, because it's hard to find out how much passholder rooms cost. Thanks!!

egoldber
07-26-2010, 02:29 PM
They post them on mousesavers. Here's a link to the current ones:

http://www.mousesavers.com/disneyresorts.html#ap

You can also call WDW booking directly and they will tell you the passholder rates for your dates.

AP holders also get food discounts: http://www.mousesavers.com/meals.html#ap

You can also buy a Tables in the World Membership with an AP. We used to do this when it was cheaper, but it's still a good deal. For us, it made more sense than the dining plan.

Are you DVC? In which case I think there is a DVC discounted AP price.

clc053103
07-26-2010, 05:24 PM
Are you DVC? In which case I think there is a DVC discounted AP price.

Yes, DVC AP's are at a savings of about $100 or so per adult ticket. Also, ticket prices are expected to go up this sunday (they have every year for the past several years on the first sunday in August) so if you are traveling after Sunday, I would suggest buying it now at the current price. The ticket will not be activated until its first use at the park.

TwinFoxes
07-27-2010, 10:26 PM
Thanks for this guys, it's really helpful. Especially the links and info re: rate increases.

Sadly we are not DVC. I would love to be, but only we can find someone to split the cost outright. I can't bring myself to go into debt for a timeshare!

kbud
07-28-2010, 09:18 PM
It depends. The best deals are during the low season Sept/Oct. We live in the area so I don't look at rooms much. We did get a room at Pop Century for just under $100 for a weeknight in Oct. That was the best I saw. The nicer places were still over $200 a night w/the passholder discount. There is no discount on merchandise except at the main Emporium store at DD disney. They did offer a discount for awhile last year at the parks but that was a limited thing. I believe the discount is 10% off. Very limited discounts on food. In fact so limited I quite looking it up.

TwinFoxes
07-30-2010, 10:54 AM
Good info about souvenir discounts! At DL, annual pass holders get discounts at all of the stores. That's definitely information to consider.