PDA

View Full Version : Air tran....any experience?

Lovingliv
07-26-2010, 04:48 PM
I did a search and found a thread from 4 years ago....just wondering if anyone had anything to say about there experience with this airline....thanks!

sewarsh
07-26-2010, 05:06 PM
I like them a lot. Flown them probably 3x with no issues. they have the cheapest checked bag fees ($15) but they do charge you about $6 i think to reserve an actual seat and when you are with kids you pretty much need to reserve seats so you are together.

clc053103
07-26-2010, 05:21 PM
they nickel and dime you for seats and bags, but we had no problems last year. they are notorious for changing flight times and canceling flights, so check your flight times!

Lovingliv
07-26-2010, 10:51 PM
Thanks Everyone,,,,guess I will try them once and see what happens!

Melbel
07-26-2010, 11:35 PM
We have flown Air Tran without any issues in the past. If Jet Blue is an option, we were very pleased with the service and liked that we were not charged for 1 piece of luggage per passenger.

HannaAddict
07-27-2010, 02:33 AM
Terrible, awful, awful. My husband flew them last week from west coast to Baltimore since it was the latest non-stop red eye leaving our city. He flies quite a bit and is low maintenance but said it was a true bus and made SW look luxurious. He was in first class, full price ticket, no pillows, no blankets, no food at all except chips. In first class . . . His flight back was no better. He made it home safely, so that is good but it was a dump per him. My cousin who is in his 20's flew them last summer and said their customer service was non-existent when their were delays and flight canceled. But all airlines seem to be awful these days. But be warned, if you don't have snacks for your kiddos, it will be a long sad flight. Husband says he will never fly them again. No movie either, on a cross country flight and dirty cabin.

Lovingliv
07-27-2010, 09:16 AM
eeek! That sounds awful. Luckily we always have snacks .....and we tend to bring our own blankets......

Terrible, awful, awful. My husband flew them last week from west coast to Baltimore since it was the latest non-stop red eye leaving our city. He flies quite a bit and is low maintenance but said it was a true bus and made SW look luxurious. He was in first class, full price ticket, no pillows, no blankets, no food at all except chips. In first class . . . His flight back was no better. He made it home safely, so that is good but it was a dump per him. My cousin who is in his 20's flew them last summer and said their customer service was non-existent when their were delays and flight canceled. But all airlines seem to be awful these days. But be warned, if you don't have snacks for your kiddos, it will be a long sad flight. Husband says he will never fly them again. No movie either, on a cross country flight and dirty cabin.

Momof3Labs
07-27-2010, 11:29 AM
I hate flying AirTran out of Orlando but will do so for the right price. They board VERY early in Orlando and actually gave away the seats that we paid for 25 minutes before departure time (that is, we were checked in at the airport 2 hrs before but fed the kids and did a last minute potty run, and when we boarded, they had already moved other people into our seats and were VERY rude about moving the people out of our seats that we PAID FOR). I've flown AirTran a few times out of Orlando - once with the family and a few times for business - and was very underwhelmed by the flight crews flying that route.

DebbieJ
07-27-2010, 05:14 PM
We flew AirTran in/out of Orlando in Dec 2008 (or was it 2007?) and were quite underwhelmed.

Lovingliv
07-27-2010, 08:47 PM
So...right now ticket prices are at $220 for AirTran...and $350 and up everywhere else....

I hate flying AirTran out of Orlando but will do so for the right price. They board VERY early in Orlando and actually gave away the seats that we paid for 25 minutes before departure time (that is, we were checked in at the airport 2 hrs before but fed the kids and did a last minute potty run, and when we boarded, they had already moved other people into our seats and were VERY rude about moving the people out of our seats that we PAID FOR). I've flown AirTran a few times out of Orlando - once with the family and a few times for business - and was very underwhelmed by the flight crews flying that route.

HannaAddict
07-28-2010, 01:06 AM
eeek! That sounds awful. Luckily we always have snacks .....and we tend to bring our own blankets......

I will not touch a pillow or blanket on a plane. :) He will, he's low maintenance! It is just amazing to me that a first class cabin would have nothing for their customers on a cross country flight. It was cheaper but you get what you pay for I guess.

Moneypenny
07-28-2010, 10:09 AM
We flew them last year and they were fine. When I tried to reserve our seats online, I couldn't find three together so I called and they did it for me. On our flight to Orlando, we discovered DD gets airsick, so on the flight back I asked the attendant for an extra barf bag in case we needed it. Shortly before landing (which is when DD gets sick), she brought over a damp cloth for us, just in case, and checked in after we landed to make sure DD was okay and we didn't need clean up.

hillview
07-29-2010, 06:23 AM
So...right now ticket prices are at $220 for AirTran...and $350 and up everywhere else....

Yeah for that sort of savings x a few seats I'd do AirTran. I fly them a few times a year and don't love them -- they are just a discount airline. But they are safe and a fine airline.
/hillary