PDA

View Full Version : I know this is going to sound hopelessly hormonal, but...

swissair81
07-26-2010, 07:03 PM
I spent all day running around doing things for my house & family. My dh comes home at 5:30 & lounges on the couch for an hour while I clean up, serve dinner & put the kids to bed. He then asks me if he can go watch a movie. I said fine, but I want to get a slurpee first. He offered to go get one. He calls me from the slurpee store to say they are all out. I asked him to go around the corner to the other 7-11 & he groaned at me & said I'm unreasonable but he will- after his freakin' movie. I just screamed & yelled at him (which I know is always counter productive, but anyway) & he hangs up on me. Why are men so selfish?

chlobo
07-26-2010, 07:44 PM
Um, my DH wouldn't have made it out of the house for the movie. Next time he asks, tell him he can go to the movie IF he comes home early, prepares dinner & puts the kids to bed.

wellyes
07-26-2010, 09:33 PM
I think he just bought himself put-kids-to-bed duty for AT LEAST a week. Only fair.

Sillygirl
07-26-2010, 09:35 PM
Tomorrow, serve the kids dinner at 5 pm, then take yourself out for a nice dinner, Slurpee included, the minute he walks in the door. Return at 11 pm. Perhaps see a movie? Bonus points if you give the kids Jolt cola to drink.

arivecchi
07-26-2010, 09:40 PM
Tomorrow, serve the kids dinner at 5 pm, then take yourself out for a nice dinner, Slurpee included, the minute he walks in the door. Return at 11 pm. Perhaps see a movie? Bonus points if you give the kids Jolt cola to drink. :yeahthat: :rotflmao:

MamaKath
07-26-2010, 09:56 PM
Tomorrow, serve the kids dinner at 5 pm, then take yourself out for a nice dinner, Slurpee included, the minute he walks in the door. Return at 11 pm. Perhaps see a movie? Bonus points if you give the kids Jolt cola to drink.
:ROTFLMAO:Sounds like an idea! I could never do it myself though, it would be torture for the kids. ;)

swissair81
07-26-2010, 09:57 PM

:hysterical: That is awesome!

California
07-26-2010, 10:40 PM
Not all men are lazy. Mine came home, cooked dinner (it's his week to do so), then as a family we straightened up the house. He took a break while I did the evening routine with the kids, and now I'm taking a break while he gets them to sleep.

Enjoy your slurpee tomorrow night... Just let your husband know that an amazing capable strong guy like him can surely do the same amount of work as his wife :)

swissair81
07-26-2010, 10:51 PM
Not all men are lazy.

My dh isn't always lazy. He cooks quite well. He helps with bath time & clean up on occasion. He really is a vertiable treasure. I was just venting tonight's annoyance.