PDA

View Full Version : another question.....

newg
07-27-2010, 01:04 PM
This time about feeling the baby drop. I think it happened last night while I was sleeping. I felt this sensation of her whole body dropping down and then when I went to take a breath it was like the vice grip on my lungs had been released. I honestly thought I was dreaming it, but this morning my MIL commented on it before I even said anything.
I mentioned it to my OB at my visit this morning and she said it doesn't mean anything.
So I'm just wondering what all you mammas think.

Thanks!!

wellyes
07-27-2010, 01:19 PM
Sounds like the baby dropped! (Google "lightening"). It doesn't necessarily mean anything in terms of when delivery will happen -- probably 2 weeks or so? But it does mean you can breathe, so yay. But that the baby is now pressing even more on your bladder. So it's not necessarily more comfortable, just different.

ewpmsw
07-27-2010, 03:30 PM
Sounds like the baby dropped! (Google "lightening"). It doesn't necessarily mean anything in terms of when delivery will happen -- probably 2 weeks or so? But it does mean you can breathe, so yay. But that the baby is now pressing even more on your bladder. So it's not necessarily more comfortable, just different.

:yeahthat: I just felt something similar over the past weekend. Glad to breathe easier now, but ohhhhh, I wish the kid would get off my bladder.

swissair81
07-27-2010, 04:18 PM
I never lighten, possibly because my kids are short enough to stretch. They were 18, 19 & 19.75 in & I'm 5'8". My reflux stopped bothering me so much though.

Let me edit that, because the baby did drop- noticeably. My Dr told me that it's a little early for that & I should be a little less active. That is totally fine with me, because i can barely walk now. I got hustled out of a store today, because the proprietor totally thought I was going into labor. I'd like to get another week and a half at least...