PDA

View Full Version : Ewwww - remote controlled toy snake

niccig
07-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Who the heck thought of this for a toy, and who the heck thought to give it as a gift - actually the box is beat up, so I think it was regifted to us.

Of course DS has opened it, and wants me to put batteries in it. I grew up in Australia and have a healthy fear of snakes, as most of the ones I've seen are very venomous. I do not want a toy plastic snake moving around my house. I'm going to have a heart attack and look for my Dad's shot gun (we don't own a gun), even when I know it's a toy. It's just built in reaction I have to any snake.

I've told DS he has to wait for DH to get home as I will not be in the same room as it. I know it's irrational, it's a toy, but still not doing it. I've put it back in the box, and I think I'm getting rid of it, and I'll buy DS something else. I can't even have it out and not moving, it's just too much.

Andi98989
07-27-2010, 07:12 PM
Nasty!!! I'm right there with you - I've got a horrible fear of snakes.

DrSally
07-27-2010, 09:50 PM
Is it a National Geographic toy? they have some realistic looking remote control animals--skunk, trantulla, snake.

sarahsthreads
07-27-2010, 10:01 PM
I totally understand - I would feel the same if DDs had been given a remote controlled spider. Heck, even those stupid plastic spiders you can buy as Halloween decorations creep me out.

Snakes don't bother me, but the area I've lived in my entire life doesn't have poisonous ones. (Come to think of it, we really don't have poisonous spiders either, but I'm still scared of them.)

Sarah :)

niccig
07-27-2010, 11:12 PM
DH said I'm being wussy and he's the one that's freaked out by Australian snakes. I just don't want any toy that can slither...I could do a toy skunk,but not a spider or snake.

MamaMolly
07-28-2010, 02:16 PM
Oops DS. It must have slithered out the door. La-la-la-la-la.....