PDA

View Full Version : gaming system after Leapster

groundhog74
07-27-2010, 02:25 PM
DS is almost 7. He loves playing games on his Leapster, but I've noticed that the Leapster games are quickly getting a little young for him. I would love educational games for him to play that are challenging. I know everyone his age has a DS, but that doesn't seem as educational for some reason. I know that Leapfrog has the Didj too, but I don't think I know anyone who has that. So what do you recommend for when he graduates from the Leapster? Thanks!

clc053103
07-27-2010, 02:45 PM
We went from Leapster to DSi XL for DS's 5th birthday. You can find educational cartridges for them. I'll admit he's taken to mostly driving games, not very educational!

I found Leapster to be great but sooo quickly outgrown. He used it from 3 1/2 - 5.

sunriseiz
07-27-2010, 03:24 PM
DD is not quite 7 and just got a didj a few months ago. She LOVES it. Mind you, she's never really seen a ds or anything to compare it to. So far, she's played with the built in game, Sonic the HedgeHog, and Nancy Drew and is enjoying all of them. We don't let her play it a lot, just so it stays 'new' for car trips or other boring situations. TRU had one to try the last time i was in there.

HTH!

momof2girls
07-27-2010, 03:40 PM
DD#1 went to a DS when she was 6. DD#2 is still using the Leapster but quickly growing out of it so we will be getting another DS most likely.