PDA

View Full Version : Quieter WDW restaurants?

mousemom
07-27-2010, 04:36 PM
We're working on planning a trip with extended family and some in the party would prefer a more quiet and calm dinner experience for at least some meals, where people can talk to one another and things aren't too crazy. I know most WDW restaurants are at least somewhat noisy. But some, like character meals, are worse than others. In your experience, which table service restaurants (in any of the parks/resorts) have had a more quiet and relaxed atmosphere? Thanks!

Momof3Labs
07-27-2010, 04:58 PM
Garden Grill (believe it or not, since it is a character meal) is very quiet. Jiko was pretty quiet, too, but is more expensive.

alien_host
07-27-2010, 05:25 PM
I thought both The Wave and The California Grill at the Contemporary were pretty quiet. There were kids there but it wasn't anything like the loudness at say 1900 Park Fare.

We enjoyed both restaurants and would go back to both.

fivi2
07-27-2010, 06:07 PM
Depends on a lot of factors, but we thought the Grand Floridian Cafe was calmer than most. The food was above average for wdw also. (IMO)

clc053103
07-27-2010, 08:03 PM
Quietest meal I had in Disney was Citrico's in Grand Floridian. It's expensive but really very nice and CALM! We took kids but there weren't that many there. The wait staff was actually great with the kids too!

Also agree Cali Grill and The Wave. Flying Fish on the boardwalk was also calm and relaxed.

mytwosons
07-27-2010, 08:12 PM
I hadn't thought of it, but Lori is right; the Garden Grill was pretty quiet. I also thought Le Cellier was quieter than most.

egoldber
07-27-2010, 08:36 PM
Well, any non-character meal. LOL! One reason I hate Chef Mickeys is it is soooo loud! Although I agree that Garden Grill is not that loud.

The quietest restaurant I recall is the Mexico pavilion, although I don't know what it will be like after the remodel is complete.

hillview
07-28-2010, 06:40 AM
I agree Garden Grill, the Wave, Grand Flordian Cafe,

Also Coral Reef was quiet when we were there -- first in for lunch.
/hillary

clc053103
07-28-2010, 07:38 AM
I agree Garden Grill, the Wave, Grand Flordian Cafe,

Also Coral Reef was quiet when we were there -- first in for lunch.
/hillary

This is good to know! We have an earlier lunch scheduled at Coral Reef this year- we haven't tried lunch. Dinner during free dining was absolute mayhem- louder than a football game, lines for the bathroom, servers were frazzled. We were considering cancelling lunch, but I think we'll try it!

DebbieJ
07-28-2010, 11:47 AM
I didn't find Garden Grill to be all that quiet, but maybe it was our seat location. We were on the inner ring, near a door to the kitchen. I was underwhelmed. Our server wasn't that good either, so I think that had a lot to do with it.

Momof3Labs
07-28-2010, 02:13 PM
I didn't find Garden Grill to be all that quiet, but maybe it was our seat location. We were on the inner ring, near a door to the kitchen. I was underwhelmed. Our server wasn't that good either, so I think that had a lot to do with it.

You probably hit more foot traffic than other seating locations at Garden Grill. I don't remember - did you go to Chef Mickey's or Crystal Palace? Sometimes quiet at Disney is a relative thing, lol...

DebbieJ
07-28-2010, 02:44 PM
You probably hit more foot traffic than other seating locations at Garden Grill. I don't remember - did you go to Chef Mickey's or Crystal Palace? Sometimes quiet at Disney is a relative thing, lol...

Just Garden Grill and Tusker House. We really enjoyed Tusker House, though.

egoldber
07-28-2010, 03:08 PM
Yeah, CM and CP are verrrrrrrrrrrrry noise intense experiences. I hate that "napkin dance" thing they do at CM with a passion!

mousemom
07-29-2010, 09:22 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions! I think we may do Chef Mickey's one night (to appease part of the family that wants to dine with Mickey), so I suppose that compared to that anything will be quiet. But hopefully I can use your suggestions and plan some calmer places for the other nights, so that people won't think every Disney restaurant is like that.

billysmommy
07-29-2010, 12:45 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions! I think we may do Chef Mickey's one night (to appease part of the family that wants to dine with Mickey), so I suppose that compared to that anything will be quiet. But hopefully I can use your suggestions and plan some calmer places for the other nights, so that people won't think every Disney restaurant is like that.

Garden Grill also has Mickey, along with Pluto, Chip & Dale if you're interested in a calmer place with Mickey