PDA

View Full Version : Seriously?! Enough!

LarsMal
07-27-2010, 09:19 PM
DH got in an accident in my van over the 4th of July weekend. We were at the beach and he was backing out of a parking spot the same time someone else was. They backed into each other. The guy was driving a big a$$ pickup truck. Not a scratch on his car- ours needed a whole new rear gate. Picture us trying to pack our van up to go home without being able to open the trunk...and then getting it out, too. Yeah, fun!

I got the van back on Friday- FOUR days ago. Today I was at the gas station waiting for a pump to open up (I was stopped) when a man pulled out of a parking spot and hit me...AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!! I mean really- COME ON! This time it wasn't nearly as bad, but still. The van is going to have to go back into the shop for more repairs. Completely his fault (the last one was 50/50).

Guess what he was driving- yep, a big a$$ pickup!! Lesson learned- my next car will be a big 'ol honkin' truck!

:mad: :shake:

LMPC
07-27-2010, 09:35 PM
Oh for the love of pete! That is so crappy! I agree...you need a Ford F350 with dualies!

DrSally
07-27-2010, 09:40 PM
I'm so sorry!!

Smillow
07-27-2010, 09:44 PM
Oh! What a PITA! We have also just experience our 2nd fender bender of the year... not on the same car though!
Dealing with insurance, rentals, repairs, etc.... YUCK!

elektra
07-27-2010, 11:14 PM
Oh no, what horrible luck!

bubbaray
07-27-2010, 11:34 PM
I'm so sorry!

dcmom2b3
07-27-2010, 11:39 PM
I think that your instincts are spot on. If you can't beat them, get a bigger truck than they have. I think you could fit your crew in a big-ass crew cab pickup and hurt the opposition.

Plus you'd get points for being the hot mom driving the *truck.*

niccig
07-28-2010, 12:10 AM
Plus you'd get points for being the hot mom driving the *truck.*

Yes, you have to do this.:jammin:

And you have to modify the engine. My Dad has an old F150 but he put some super duper engine in it and had to modify many things - I'm sure some of it isn't legal. I'm not a car person, and it sounds amazing. People at traffic lights ask him what engine it is. Imagine the looks *I* get when I drive it.

Sorry about the 2nd accident - dealing with all of that is a PITA and I hate having to figure out car seats in a rental car.

Fairy
07-28-2010, 03:14 AM
Good lord, Julie. WTF?! You need a break like nobody's business.

:hug:

MamaMolly
07-28-2010, 02:15 PM
I say go for it! Get the big honkin' truck and go totally redneck in it. Put a roll bar, flood lights, hoochie mama mud flaps on it...oh, and chrome them all of course! Then add an air horn that plays la cucuracha or Dixie. PAR-TAY!!!!!!

LarsMal
07-28-2010, 02:39 PM
I say go for it! Get the big honkin' truck and go totally redneck in it. Put a roll bar, flood lights, hoochie mama mud flaps on it...oh, and chrome them all of course! Then add an air horn that plays la cucuracha or Dixie. PAR-TAY!!!!!!

:ROTFLMAO:

This would be awesome. And the thought of ME driving it...hilarious! Some of my neighbors would die- the one with the Lotus and the other with the convertible Porsche come to mind. Come to think of it...I'm going truck shopping this weekend! ;)

LarsMal
07-28-2010, 02:45 PM
I got a call from my insurance guy this morning letting me know there was a red flag of some sort with the other guy's policy. His insurance is now conducting a "policy investigation". GRRREEEATTT! :banghead:

My guy said it could be an issue of non-payment or it could be that it wasn't his car and he gave me his information vs the owner/car's insurance info. If it's non-payment and his policy was invalid we're screwed! We will have to get it fixed/pay our deductible and our insurance will go after him to try to recover the money for us. What a total PITA! Luckily the car is fine to drive so I don't have to rush to get it fixed and can sort of wait out the insurance investigation.

DH said, "Well, we just paid our deductible on the last incident." I had to let him know that it's not like medical insurance- it's per incident, not calendar year! Poor guy- so clueless!

Fairy
07-28-2010, 03:37 PM
I got a call from my insurance guy this morning letting me know there was a red flag of some sort with the other guy's policy. His insurance is now conducting a "policy investigation". GRRREEEATTT! :banghead:

My guy said it could be an issue of non-payment or it could be that it wasn't his car and he gave me his information vs the owner/car's insurance info. If it's non-payment and his policy was invalid we're screwed! We will have to get it fixed/pay our deductible and our insurance will go after him to try to recover the money for us. What a total PITA! Luckily the car is fine to drive so I don't have to rush to get it fixed and can sort of wait out the insurance investigation.

DH said, "Well, we just paid our deductible on the last incident." I had to let him know that it's not like medical insurance- it's per incident, not calendar year! Poor guy- so clueless!

:47:..................

WolfpackMom
07-28-2010, 03:40 PM

Oh that is just so completely unfair for you dealing with this after two benders in a row! I hope it all works out for you, sorry about all the stress!