PDA

View Full Version : Sore inner thighs after workout?

luckytwenty
07-28-2010, 09:10 AM
I've been using the elliptical a few times a week for months now, in addition to yoga and the treadmill. I had a very ordinary, 35 minute workout this morning, not harder than usual or faster, and my inner thighs are now killing me and I am walking funny! I'd expect this if I had overdid it or tried something new, but it was a very ho-hum workout. I'm wondering if it's pregnancy related? I've felt great during workouts so I haven't stopped or really slowed down all that much yet from what I was doing a few months ago (I'm 25 weeks and the last pregnancy worked out until 32 weeks) but now I'm wondering if something's changing that's making my thigh muscles weaker? When did you know to slow down working out?

marymoo86
07-28-2010, 12:54 PM
Your workout routine sounds a lot like mine. Was wondering how long I would be to keep going :).

I have backed off slightly from the resistance but elevation and duration is still about the same. The only thing I can think of is maybe you somehow positioned your feet differently due to the pregnancy or perhaps you strained something while doing normal task (lifting, etc) and the exercise somehow exacerbated it?

luckytwenty
07-28-2010, 02:17 PM
You might be on to something with the feet. I probably am not standing forward but slightly out to the side to accomodate the big belly. Maybe that works the inner thighs in a new way. I'm already doing a lower resistance than I did prepregnancy, but have stayed in that lower level (7-10 out of 20 on a Precor) for a really long time now.

Hope you can keep on keepin' on for a long time, too! My goal is to keep doing *something* (walking, yoga) till the very end--but I figure I will stop as soon as it's difficult during the actual workout.