PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone get pregnant before AF returned?

boogiemomz
07-28-2010, 10:47 AM
After a crazy roller coaster of a year w/ childbirth, illness, surgery, and recovery, we FINALLY had sex again this week. :cheerleader1: AF hasn't come back yet (DD is just over 8 months), but I had a little bit of what looked like CM (don't want to get too graphic here... SORRY if TMI!!! :bag) the next day. I guess it could have been his leftover, um, stuff (double :bag), I don't know. It's a teeny tiny possibility, but I guess it's there (and despite that not AT ALL being our plan, we would be thrilled if it happened). Got me wondering... did anyone here get pregnant on that first cycle post partum, before AF ever returned?

vonfirmath
07-28-2010, 11:01 AM
I certainly you know you can get pregnant before your first flow of blood. because the blood comes after the fertile period.

buddyleebaby
07-28-2010, 11:02 AM
:wink2:

boogiemomz
07-28-2010, 11:20 AM
I certainly you know you can get pregnant before your first flow of blood. because the blood comes after the fertile period.

I know you CAN, physiologically; the timing would have to be just right with ovulation (since you don't have the previous flow to time FROM). I'm just curious if it actually happened to anyone.

Jacksmommy2b
07-28-2010, 12:14 PM
My best girlfriend got pregnant with her second child pre-af, 9 months after birthing her DD.

It was planned - they wanted another right away - and she regained her fertility the month after night weaning her daughter.

That said, I was AF-less for almost 2 years after J and remember several instances of what you had mentioned that were not indicitive of ovulation. I see the same thing every now and then and I can't imagine I'm ovulating yet.

katydid1971
07-28-2010, 01:11 PM
We wanted our kids close in age so we didn't use any BC after DS#1 was worn. I BF'd DS#1 until he was 19 months old. When DS #1 was about 15 months old I wasn't feeling really good (tired, queasy, etc) I took a pregnancy test and sure enough I was PG with DS#2. I hadn't had my period since DS#1 was born. I only had one period between DS#2's birth and getting pregnant with DD. The nurse at my Dr's office calls me "Fertal Mertal" ;) Now I'm on the mirena and with the exception of spotting a couple times I still haven't had my period. So that means I have had my period one time since 2004 not that I'm complaining :thumbsup:

Tondi G
07-28-2010, 01:41 PM
our friends got preggo with their 2nd child when their first was 4 months old. They were not trying and she hadn't had a period yet since having her DD.

Ladybug47
07-29-2010, 10:01 PM
Yes, I BF'ed my son for a year and never got my period but conceived our next child (due in January) when my son was 9 months old. We wanted our kids to be close in age, so it was a happy thing. :)

DrSally
07-29-2010, 10:09 PM
I personally don't know of anyone, but it's possible. Time to look for some BC :wink2:

Kestrel
07-29-2010, 10:52 PM
My sister did... when she went to her 12-week postpardum OB visit, she was already prego. My two youngest nieces are 11 months appart.

swissair81
07-29-2010, 11:26 PM
I always get AF first & then have irregular cycles for 2-3 months. Then I get pregnant.

zukeypur
07-30-2010, 12:12 AM
I worked with a girl who had sons 10 months apart.

Krisrich
07-30-2010, 07:29 PM
I did!! After struggling to conceive DD1, we conceived DD2 when I was only 4 months postpartum. Never got AF. And I was exclusively nursing DD1. The babies are 13.5 months apart. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I got my first AF in over 2 years last week. Only 6 months post-partum. And, again, exclusively nursing. It happens! :)

GonnaBeNana
07-30-2010, 09:31 PM
I did, and she is my miracle baby! I got pregnant and had to have a D and C one late November as the baby died in-uteruo. My blood work was done and my HCG levels were 0. I wasn't sleeping well and really wanted to take something, but was reluctant to do so. I finally decided I'd take a HPT just to ease my irrational fears and then I could take something. I'd had NO cycle and my DH and I had only been together one time since the loss of the baby. Anyway, the HPT came up positive! I immediately called my OB and he told me to come in right away for blood work. When the blood test came back positive, he was absolutely stunned to say the least. We knew I'd only had a single fetus with the previous loss and that I'd not had time to even cycle yet. BUT, there it was! She was born the following September. She's almost 11 now and a miracle in every sense!

Beth