PDA

View Full Version : How soon did you "show" with #3?

sewarsh
07-28-2010, 07:04 PM
I'm about 7-8 weeks prego (get dating ultrasound tomorrow) adn I'm already showing! I can't believe it!

Anyone else experience this?

swissair81
07-28-2010, 07:10 PM
It happens. I showed very early with #2 & #3 & not so early with #1 & #4.

MommytoEliana
07-28-2010, 07:42 PM
I was in maternity shorts by that time with #2. It definitely happens.

AngelaS
07-28-2010, 08:19 PM
I think I started showing the morning after she was conceived...

Beth24
07-28-2010, 11:18 PM
I peed on the stick and my clothes didn't fit! Ok maybe not that fast but it was much earlier than with babies 1 and 2.

KpbS
07-28-2010, 11:36 PM
I'm about 7-8 weeks prego (get dating ultrasound tomorrow) adn I'm already showing! I can't believe it!

Anyone else experience this?

Me too! It made things interesting b/c I wasn't ready to tell anyone (other than DH obviously) yet.

luckytwenty
07-29-2010, 09:58 AM
I was wearing looser clothes by 8 weeks, also. I told at work at 12 weeks and by that point was truly getting creative in disguising the bump. By 15-16 weeks, strangers could tell by looking at me that I was pregnant!

sewarsh
07-29-2010, 12:32 PM
Thanks guys. Glad to know I'm not alone!

Just had my ultrasound because I'm certain I ovulated a couple of weeks later than normal. Based on the 1st day of my last period my due date was March 2 (putting me at 9 wks prego).

Based on the ultrasound measurements, I'm only 6 weeks, 1 day prego changing my due date to March 23rd. Everything looks good, but i'm bummed i have 6 more weeks to go of 1st trimester. Just get so worried about miscarrying that 1st trimester.

Anyways, glad all looks good so far.

brittone2
07-29-2010, 05:18 PM
Early!

I was measuring ahead at 15 weeks and they wanted me to get a 2nd early US to rule out twins (MW thought she might have heard a 2nd heart tone in addition to me measuring ahead).

Everything eventually got back onto schedule in terms of measurement for dates, but I showed early by baby #3. I have a short torso, which always causes me to carry "bigger" out in front, and I think after a few kids your uterus remembers all too well what needs to happen ;)

Mommy_Again
07-30-2010, 06:01 PM
6-7 weeks. We ended up starting to tell people at 8 weeks because it was so obvious. At least to us it is!

firstbaby
08-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Sewarsh - we are almost identical on dates. We're also expecting #3 and I just went for the early u/s this week. I am a little worried that based on the u/s they are dating me a week behind where I "should" be. (so instead of being 10 weeks we're 9) But, got to see the hb which I'm super excited about. We want to wait until as close to 12 weeks as possible before speading the word, telling our parents and telling the kids. So, I was bummed to lose the week there too :)

alexsmommy
08-01-2010, 07:40 PM
Maybe fifteen minutes after conception??? Ok, maybe a slight exaggeration, but not much. I wasn't telling people due to multiple miscarriages, but I have no doubt quite a few people knew waaaaaay before we said anything.

sewarsh
08-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Sewarsh - we are almost identical on dates. We're also expecting #3 and I just went for the early u/s this week. I am a little worried that based on the u/s they are dating me a week behind where I "should" be. (so instead of being 10 weeks we're 9) But, got to see the hb which I'm super excited about. We want to wait until as close to 12 weeks as possible before speading the word, telling our parents and telling the kids. So, I was bummed to lose the week there too :)

Congrats to you! We told immediate family and very close friends, but not the kids. Yes, totally bummed out when i was only 6 weeks, but we saw the heartbeat so i think that's a good sign considering baby so young.

swissair81
08-01-2010, 10:47 PM
I find early u/s so depressing that way. I assume I'm so far along & then I get bumped back. This time, my EDD was bumped back by 9 days. My original EDD was 8/26 & now it's 9/4. The only thing good about it is that I don't ever go overdue.

brittone2
08-02-2010, 09:04 AM
As frustrating as a dating US can be when they push your date back from where you think it should be, in some ways it is better to go that way so you don't get undo pressure to induce, etc. at the end if you go past your EDD. Just thought I"d remind you of the upside :) It is worse IMO when a woman is fairly sure of dates, and the dating US bumps her due date up sooner. She could be facing pressure to induce at the end as a result.

Dream
08-02-2010, 11:26 AM
Thanks guys. Glad to know I'm not alone!

Just had my ultrasound because I'm certain I ovulated a couple of weeks later than normal. Based on the 1st day of my last period my due date was March 2 (putting me at 9 wks prego).

Based on the ultrasound measurements, I'm only 6 weeks, 1 day prego changing my due date to March 23rd. Everything looks good, but i'm bummed i have 6 more weeks to go of 1st trimester. Just get so worried about miscarrying that 1st trimester.

Anyways, glad all looks good so far.

I just had a visit to my OBGYN over the weekend and based on my cycle I'm 6.6 weeks prego. They did an US at the office but its not comprehensive I guess. I'm going back in 2 weeks for blood work. I never lost the bump from my 1st baby so I find its hard to say whether I'm showing or its my flab. I'm still wearing my regular cloths.

swissair81
08-02-2010, 11:30 AM
As frustrating as a dating US can be when they push your date back from where you think it should be, in some ways it is better to go that way so you don't get undo pressure to induce, etc. at the end if you go past your EDD. Just thought I"d remind you of the upside :) It is worse IMO when a woman is fairly sure of dates, and the dating US bumps her due date up sooner. She could be facing pressure to induce at the end as a result.

I know that it's correct now, but in the first trimester when you are sick to your stomach & counting weeks, that isn't helpful. Unfortunately, I have been under pressure to be induced anyway. I deliver so quickly, they are afraid I won't make it in. They actually scheduled me for one last time. Luckily, DS had his own ideas.

sunriseiz
08-02-2010, 11:32 AM
I think I started showing the morning after she was conceived...

:yeahthat: