PDA

View Full Version : 5 am internal alarm clock

DietCokeLover
07-29-2010, 06:48 AM
My 2.5 year old is consistently waking up at 5 every single morning!!!! It's killing me. Anyone have any tips for resetting his clock for a more respectable time?

wendibird22
07-29-2010, 08:57 AM
My just turned 3yo has the same internal clock since about 2.5yrs. It's been killing us so we finally bit the bullet and got the teach me time clock. We told her she couldn't get out of bed until the light turned green which we set for 6am. She knows that she can either go back to sleep, play with toys in bed, or read books. It works pretty well. Most days she's stays in bed. A few times this week she's still crept into our room at 5am but I ask her if her lights green and tell her to go back to bed until it is. She does and with far less complaints (aka tears!) than before we had the clock. We tried playing around with her bed time and it just doesn't matter. Like last night she wasn't in bed until 8:15 and she was in our room at 4:45am! At least with the clock I was able to send her back to bed and get another 1hr sleep out of her.

Twoboos
07-29-2010, 09:11 AM
We set the CD alarm clock in DD2's room to play when it's an acceptable hour to get up. If her music is playing, she can come into our room. If not, she can stay in her room and play/"read"/rest. (Same deal as the teach-me clock, without the teach-me clock. :))

DietCokeLover
07-29-2010, 09:32 AM
Hmm wonder if this is worth trying? I'm not sure DS is obedient enough to do that, but if it will help, I sure do want to try!!!

crl
07-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Ds tried a 4:30am wake-up for a couple of months. He was a bit younger.

I used a rooster crowing alarm clock and told him it was not morning until it went off. I refused to give him his milk or anything to eat until then. I would go into his room and lie down (mattress on floor) but not interact with him until the alarm went off.

I also improved the room darkening stuff on his windows and added white noise to mask the birds.

I was stunned that it actually worked. Within a couple of weeks he was getting up at 6am.

Catherine