PDA

View Full Version : Car service vs magic express?

tlw
07-29-2010, 06:10 PM
Ok, I love free (Magic Express), but I have 1 yo and 4 yo and am trying to be budget conscience. Do you think that the car service ($105 round-trip, including a stop at a grocery store) could be justified in terms of the savings I would have on food? We are not doing a dining plan.

I think the milk alone for the 1 yo could justify it, considering what it would cost to buy each meal. I'd also be picking up some snacks and things for bfast so I don't have to pack them for the plane. I thought we'd do quick dining at the park for lunch and maybe dinner, too.

And, FWIW, we are doing Chef Mickey's for bfast 1 day so my children won't feel completey deprived ; ).

Thanks for your opinions~

egoldber
07-29-2010, 06:19 PM
All the resorts have stores where you can buy simple basics like milk. Yes, there is a mark-up, but unless you are doing full grocery shopping, it is not that expensive.

mytwosons
07-29-2010, 07:55 PM
Check the disboards, but I think the grocery delivery fee is about $12. ($12 vs $105)

alien_host
07-30-2010, 01:39 AM
I would take ME and either bring some non-perishables snacks and buy the milk at the resort store.

I think the grocery deliver has a minimum amount on top of delivery. Depends on how much food you plan on buying I guess.

klwa
07-30-2010, 07:03 AM
Agree with the others. Check out Garden Grocer and Wegoshop (I think on that last one).

clc053103
07-30-2010, 08:52 AM
I bought milk for DS at the resort the past two years (contemp and BW) and it wasn't that huge a markup- unless you need a huge grocery trip, I couldn't justify $105 car service.