PDA

View Full Version : Ok Cleaning Staff...once is a mistake, twice is ridiculous

BabyBearsMom
07-30-2010, 03:19 PM
This is my second b*tching post about the freaking cleaning people at my work walking in on me while I am pumping! So after the first time it happened, I added to my do not disturb sign so it said it in Spanish as well, since that is the guy's first language. This time, the guy STILL CAME IN ANYWAY. And I had to tell him to "GET OUT NOW!" because he was hanging out with the door half open and then he giggled! As far as I can tell, this guy is a perv! I already told facilities to revoke his key, but clearly they didn't. I am having this freak fired.

elektra
07-30-2010, 03:25 PM
That is completely unacceptable! I would be bringing in HR at that point and making a big stink! Horrible! He was giggling? Sick. And a serious situation.

AshleyAnn
07-30-2010, 04:01 PM
I would be up ever supervisors butt until one of us was fired if I was you. Not ok. At our office the clean people do have keys (one universal) and they are told to open locked offices to get the trash and whatnot but they are there after hours.

Is it possible for you to get a door stop and wedge it under the door so it cannot be opened even with a key. You shouldn't have to resort to this but sometimes you do what you have to do.

WolfpackMom
07-30-2010, 04:08 PM
Is it possible for you to get a door stop and wedge it under the door so it cannot be opened even with a key. You shouldn't have to resort to this but sometimes you do what you have to do.

Thats a really good idea! But, yeah thats totally unacceptable and I would be all over getting the dude reprimanded. Geesh!

HonoluluMom
07-30-2010, 04:12 PM
That's disgusting! I agree with putting a door stopper or even a chair jammed up under the handle to prevent it from happening again. I'm not sure if you want to go this far, but if facilities is not taking proper steps to ensure this does not happen again, you can always threaten to file a sex harassment case!

niccig
07-30-2010, 05:33 PM
I would be all over HR and Facilities about this immediately.

And yes for the door stop wedged under the door from the inside...won't be able to get in at all.

mousemom
07-30-2010, 05:41 PM
Wow! That is truly horrible. I hope that guy is fired ASAP. At this point, I wouldn't trust him to clean in my office even if I wasn't there.

Tondi G
07-30-2010, 05:49 PM
that is not cool at all! He knew exactly what he was doing. I would get a wedge to put in front of the door and I would place the trash can outside of the door before I settled in to pump. I hope you are able to get people to understand how unacceptable this is and that they let the perv go! ICK that he giggled... made me squirm, so I can only imagine how you felt! Good Luck

gatorsmom
07-30-2010, 08:26 PM
This man should be fired. If he was reprimanded once and did it again DESPITE THE SIGNS ON THE DOOR, he should definitely be fired. I wouldn't rest until I knew he was gone.

But I'd get a wedge anyway for future perverts.

wellyes
07-30-2010, 08:37 PM
Awful, I'm so sorry. What a lousy human being he is. Who *does* that? What a skeeve.

himom
07-31-2010, 06:23 AM
You should absolutely file a sexual harassment complaint. He's clearly a pervert getting his jollies from "accidentally" walking in on you. Make sure they get rid of him!

TwinFoxes
07-31-2010, 07:27 AM
If it weren't for the giggling, I'd assume he was illiterate. The giggling is just creepy, no, creepy isn't even strong enough a word.

At my old job, sexual harassment rules applied to outside vendors. We weren't expected to deal with inappropriate behavior on the job AT ALL, no matter if it's an employee or vendor. The same may be true for you. He should be bounced out of a job, or at least bounced somewhere else.

MomToOne
07-31-2010, 08:38 AM
When you posted this the first time I immediately thought that he walked in on you on purpose because of the sign on your door. I figured it was someone trying to catch you in some kind of compromised position. There's no way someone bypasses a locked door, a sign and the fact that you were yelling through it to come back later.

Now you say English may not be his first language, but still he now knows what you are doing in there and walked in again. This to me is clearly intentional.

I would pursue this until the end.

LadyPeter
07-31-2010, 10:56 AM
The first time you posted about this, I thought it sounded intentional. Now I'm sure. You need to call security or HR (whichever is most likely to act swiftly and decisively) and let them know you're being sexually harassed by one of the cleaning staff. USE THOSE WORDS, because they get results.

infomama
07-31-2010, 01:41 PM
Echoing pp. Get in someones face about this right away. Blatant harassment.

MamaMolly
07-31-2010, 03:04 PM
When you posted this the first time I immediately thought that he walked in on you on purpose because of the sign on your door. I figured it was someone trying to catch you in some kind of compromised position. There's no way someone bypasses a locked door, a sign and the fact that you were yelling through it to come back later.

Now you say English may not be his first language, but still he now knows what you are doing in there and walked in again. This to me is clearly intentional.

I would pursue this until the end.

nak

Well said!!! ITA.

LadyPeter
08-01-2010, 09:01 AM
Please post an update to let us know what happens. I've been steamed up about this for days!

BabyBearsMom
08-02-2010, 10:21 AM
I have a call into his supervisor to complain. If she doesn't get back to me today, I can always tell my boss and the guy would be fired on the spot. I wish I could do the door jam, but my doors open out. I ended up just leaving early on Friday because I felt so uncomfortable and today I still feel skeeved out about it and jumpy when I am pumping. I feel terrible getting someone fired, but this is just too creepy.

egoldber
08-02-2010, 10:27 AM
I would tell your boss anyway. This is completely unacceptable and if I were your boss I would want to know.

ThreeofUs
08-02-2010, 10:40 AM
This was intentional and completely unacceptable. You have no need to feel uncomfortable at work.

The guy is sexually harassing you. Don't let it go on. Write it up and tell your boss asap.

The company has an interest in making sure this type of harassment does not occur.

BabyBearsMom
08-02-2010, 10:58 AM
UPDATE!

I talked to his supervisor and she and I went to my boss (also her boss) together. He is being put on probation and his key to my office (and his universal key) have been revoked. He also will no longer be doing the cleaning on my floor. If he has any future inappropriate incidences he will be let go. Thanks for all the support!

AshleyAnn
08-02-2010, 11:28 AM
UPDATE!

I talked to his supervisor and she and I went to my boss (also her boss) together. He is being put on probation and his key to my office (and his universal key) have been revoked. He also will no longer be doing the cleaning on my floor. If he has any future inappropriate incidences he will be let go. Thanks for all the support!

YAY!!! Glad your office supports you!

wellyes
08-02-2010, 11:37 AM
Good for you for following through! That sounds fair. I hope you can pump with peace of mind now.

TwinFoxes
08-02-2010, 11:39 AM

:yeahthat: I am so glad they are working to resolve this. No one should have to put up with that.

niccig
08-02-2010, 12:37 PM

Good update. But I would still put a chair or a door stopper under the door from inside, so there's no chance on anyone walking in.

ThreeofUs
08-02-2010, 12:58 PM
Great! Perfect!

brittone2
08-02-2010, 06:37 PM
If it weren't for the giggling, I'd assume he was illiterate. The giggling is just creepy, no, creepy isn't even strong enough a word.

THis exactly.

Glad your work backed you up and did the right thing.

gatorsmom
08-02-2010, 07:47 PM
UPDATE!

I have to disagree with the other posters here. I think the man should be fired and I'm usually very hesitate to fire any employee. The reason I think he shshould be let go is because I get the impression he purposely entered your office and I think he will try to find a way to do it again. Maybe just my paranoid tendancy coming through here. Hopefully so. I really hope this solves the problem for you.

♥ms.pacman♥
08-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Good for you for following through! That sounds fair. I hope you can pump with peace of mind now.

:yeahthat:

glad that your boss was able to quickly address this issue.

swrc00
08-03-2010, 01:40 PM
That is great! I am so glad you spoke up. :thumbsup:

Tondi G
08-03-2010, 03:16 PM
UPDATE!

Personally I think he should have been let go altogether but this is a step in the right direction. I hope he doesn't retaliate because he obviously knows why he is being put on "probation".

Hope this is the end of issues like this for you. I would still put your trashcan outside your locked door when you are ready to pump and would pick up one of those cheap plastic door wedges just in case.

LadyPeter
08-04-2010, 05:50 PM
UPDATE!

Good for you. There's no telling who else this guy has harassed, and maybe they were afraid to speak up. Your office needs to send a clear message that this crap will not be tolerated.