PDA

View Full Version : Carter's online Needs work -UPDATES last post

jvs195
07-30-2010, 07:27 PM
I just had the worst experience with Carter's online (my first order). I placed an order Monday when they had a big sale and got a great deal on a bunch of staple items for DD for fall. 3 pants, 1 jean, 1 skort, 1 short, 1 tank, 1 jacket all in 3T. A few summer and a few fall. All for $50 shipped. Yay me.

The package arrived and it included: 5 pack 12M boy onesies, and 2 pair 12M boys pajamas.
I called CS figuring they'd get my order out right away. NOPE. I spent 48 minutes on the phone with a rep and her supervisor.
They could not refund me until they received back the wrong order. Ok.
They wanted to charge me today the current (non sale) price of everything that is still available (took her 25 minutes to find them all and tell me one item not available) $62 No thanks, please adjust to at least what I paid. Claim their system can't do it.
When they ship I will be credited for the difference in what I paid originally. Um what?
Then she offered free shipping and 10% off. Ok, now we're talking. I calculated it. $36.65. No problem. Except for the fact they cannot tell me that's what I'll ultimately be charged after all the charges, pending charges, credits, shipping adjustments... So I ask when I'll be refunded my full amount and can I return to the store? Not when the order is incorrect. Must now go to UPS. ARRGHHHH
I'm done with Carter's and definitely online. Sorry. This is ridiculous. I know it's not a lot of money, but it just kept getting squirrelier and I already know I'm going to be fighting them for the full refund (including the shipping I paid originally).

Smillow
07-30-2010, 10:26 PM
What a bizarre experience! Thanks for the heads up!

DebbieJ
07-30-2010, 11:13 PM
yeah their website is new--you never used to be able to order online from them. I am going to stick to my local store.

cath_b
07-30-2010, 11:21 PM
They could not refund me until they received back the wrong order.

Can you call your credit card company and dispute this? I know it's a hassle but this is not your fault you should not have to pay for a possibly lost package and items you did not order.

lmwbasye
07-30-2010, 11:23 PM
Oh no....sorry to hear that. FWIW...my order came today and was fine.

jvs195
07-31-2010, 08:26 AM
Can you call your credit card company and dispute this? I know it's a hassle but this is not your fault you should not have to pay for a possibly lost package and items you did not order.

I'm saving that for when they don't refund me the shipping. I'm just disappointed. I wrote to tell them to take some CS lessons from Boden, Gap, Diapers.com. I've never had a wrong order from them, but I've heard how they resolve it and it's much better. I really like Carter's but this has soured me. I guess I'll buy from other stores when I cool down. For everyone else's sake I hope it was a fluke and nobody has to deal with this system.

jvs195
08-02-2010, 05:35 PM
So after all my rants what shows up today? The intended original order (with no packing slip but including the item they were out of so I know it's not because I asked to reorder) So far no new charges to my card. Now I still have to return the items I did not order and am sorry for the person who did order them. I am not boycotting the entire brand, just not going to order online until they have it a little more together. I still don't agree with their policy on having to reorder at full price until return is accepted.

They sent a canned response to my email "your input is very valuable..." So maybe with time they will improve.

jvs195
08-10-2010, 02:39 PM
Just wanted to follow up on the latest in this saga (although you may have tuned out already). I spoke with a CS rep to tell them I got my order and could I now return the wrong items to the store (since I still never made it to UPS) and she was very nice and said yes. The store wasn't quite sure what to do with me since I didn't want any money for the items and they technically can't accept online orders yet (although the packing slip says otherwise). I also had a follow up to my email and the woman was very nice, apologetic and appreciative of my honesty and is sending me a gift card (for the B&M store). I would still be cautioned that the online system is new and needs work, but kudos for following up on my concerns.