PDA

View Full Version : Coolers

charmcitymom
07-30-2010, 10:12 PM
Hi Everyone,

My family and I will be going in a couple of weeks and I wondered if it's worth it to bring a cooler. I tried to look on the WDW website, but I can't confirm that they are permitted. I figured I coudl at least bring some drinks and snacks, maybe even lunch.

Is that totally crazy and I'll just want to leave the cooler some place or will I love that I brought it?

TIA,
Mili

lhafer
07-30-2010, 10:36 PM
No advice on what to pack but I do know that soft-sided coolers are permitted. But they will be searched when entering the parks.

DebbieJ
07-30-2010, 11:11 PM
We brought a small soft sided cooler to keep our water bottles cold. It was small enough to hang from the stroller.

egoldber
07-30-2010, 11:38 PM
You can bring in a small, soft sided cooler. There is a size limit, but I can't remember what it is. They will check it, but really they are looking for glass or alcohol.

TwinFoxes
07-31-2010, 07:30 AM
You can bring in a small, soft sided cooler. There is a size limit, but I can't remember what it is. They will check it, but really they are looking for glass or alcohol.

Are you allowed to bring cans in? If I can bring cans of Diet Coke into the park, I will save some serious cash.

Oh, uh yeah, and snacks for the kids. ;)

Momof3Labs
07-31-2010, 08:20 AM
Yes, you can bring in cans.

kbud
08-01-2010, 01:46 AM
Yes, you can. We are pass holders and are there a lot. I always bring a soft sided cooler w/sandwiches, snacks, water bottles, and many cans of coke. I've never had a problem. They do look in it but not too much. I've seen many people with large rolling coolers as well. SeaWorld and Busch Gardens though now do not permit any food or drinks. A friend was required to throw out a small package of cheese and crackers. They used to permit coolers when we had passes there but not since they were sold by Annheiser Busch. There is also no more free beer there;) The no food at SW policy makes my Disney passes a much better value even though it is about 3 times the price!