PDA

View Full Version : Dining plan question regarding infants

liz
07-31-2010, 08:20 PM
Well, we are tentatively planning an October vacation to WDW. I am thinking about getting the Dining Plan, mainly because I think it will make life a little easier. My understanding is that kids under 3 are free for the dining plan?

My LO will be turning 1 while we are at Disney. Do I need to bring baby foods with me? I imagine he will be eating some soft table foods, but I am unsure exactly what he will be eating. Can baby food be ordered at restaurants? Should I bring other items, such as baby cereal?

I love travelling with the kids, but these are the kind of issues that make it more challenging! TIA

jdd
07-31-2010, 08:36 PM
If your LO is still eating baby food I would bring it or order it and have it delivered to your room (there are a couple of places that do that). I think they carry a very limited about of baby food in some of the resort gift shops but I can't completely swear to that. I don't think you can order baby food at a restaurant.

You never know, he could be completely on table food by them. DD just turned one and she decided about a month ago that she wanted nothing to do with baby food.

egoldber
07-31-2010, 10:02 PM
Children under 3 eat free at table service meals including buffets. If you want to order them a child's meal at a counter service location, that is not free.

I have never heard of baby food being available at restaurants. But you can certainly let them snack off buffets: cheese, fruits, yogurt (sometimes), cooked veggies, etc.

Momof3Labs
07-31-2010, 11:22 PM
Children under 3 eat free at table service meals including buffets. If you want to order them a child's meal at a counter service location, that is not free.

I have never heard of baby food being available at restaurants. But you can certainly let them snack off buffets: cheese, fruits, yogurt (sometimes), cooked veggies, etc.

Actually, children under 3 only eat free at buffets and family-style meals. If you go to an order-off-the-menu table service place, they can eat off of your plate for free, but if you order them something, you must pay for it.

My girls just turned 1yo and have been on all table foods for several months. You may not have to bother with baby food and baby cereal by then.

cntrymoon2
08-04-2010, 09:13 PM
A limited selection of baby food is available in the hotel gift shops and at the theme parks in the baby care centers, but I would bring your own to save the $, it's small and easy to pack.