PDA

View Full Version : Brilliant DH

arivecchi
07-31-2010, 11:01 PM
Thank you for giving me the scare of my life. You leave the house with DS1 around 7 (while I am giving DS2 his bath) without telling me and don't come back until 9:30 pm!!! In the meantime, I drive all over the neighborhood looking for you both and of course, you left your cell phone home. Arggggghhhhhh!

Hope you had a nice relaxing time watching movies at the park and playing catch. :angry-smiley-005:

bubbaray
07-31-2010, 11:13 PM
It must be the season. I'm having a similar experience, except my DH is many hours and a ferry ride away with DD#1, didn't call me to tell me they had arrived, didn't answer his phone all day. I have no contact numbers for the ILs and when I tried to Skype them (DD#2 was missing big sis), they had blocked me?! WTF?

To say that I ripped DH a new one would be putting it mildly. Good thing he decided not to come home tonight b/c he would have been walking back from the ferry (its a 30 min drive from our house, 1 way, a many hour walk along a highway where pedestrians are forbidden). Possibly I might cool down by tomorrow.

DD#2 is supposed to go over on Monday night when DD#1 comes home. I'm not too jazzed about that AT ALL.

I'm hating the ILs right now and DH. They suck.

arivecchi
07-31-2010, 11:17 PM
So sorry you are miserable too! I seriously went postal on DH. I don't think he will be doing that again. DS1 scolded DH too and told him he needed to have a cell phone so mommy would not get so angry. LOL. I may cool down by tomorrow as well. Possibly.

Momof3Labs
07-31-2010, 11:27 PM
It must be in the water. H took the boys to an airplane show today. They were outside pretty much from 9am until 4:30pm. DS2, in particular, is quite fair.

Did he put on sunscreen? You know, the spray stuff that I keep in every car just in case? He says that he did - but by that time, he knew it was too late. My poor little guy is red as a beet. And H works tomorrow, so I get to deal with any discomfort and complaining!

Lucky for DS1, he just turns brown. His knees are sooo brown tonight, it's almost funny. H burns, too, so he is suffering like DS2.

Gotta love 'em.

elektra
07-31-2010, 11:51 PM
He didn't think to just pop in and tell you they were heading out? And his radar didn't go off after say 10 MINUTES , letting him know it was probably a good idea to at least clue you in on their little impromptu adventure if that's what it was?
It blows my mind how otherwise intelligent and highly competent people can be so clueless sometimes!

sariana
08-01-2010, 01:31 AM
when I tried to Skype them (DD#2 was missing big sis), they had blocked me?!

FWIW, I've had Skype do some pretty weird things for no apparent reason. So they may not have blocked you intentionally.

Then again, you never know.

catpagmo
08-01-2010, 01:36 AM
I would have been furious if DH did that. What is up with men??? The selective incompetence gets really old after a while.

niccig
08-01-2010, 02:12 AM
Wow. I would have ripped DH a new one too.
I'm sorry they got you so worried. I would have called the police...

TwinFoxes
08-01-2010, 04:03 AM
That is beyond inconsiderate! Your mind must been reeling from one scary scenario to another. :hug: There had better have been some profuse apologizing.

And I know he's a man and all and it's against his nature to do this, but suck it up and borrow a stranger's cell phone for 30 seconds to let your wife know what's going on!

mommylamb
08-01-2010, 07:37 AM
Oh... serious doghouse that. I would have been so angry, especially since he was with your DS. It would have been bad enough if he had gone off on his own, but that's so much worse.

arivecchi
08-01-2010, 09:02 AM
Oh... serious doghouse that. I would have been so angry, especially since he was with your DS. It would have been bad enough if he had gone off on his own, but that's so much worse. Exactly. Do not take my child without telling me and then waltz in so late at night as if it is no big deal. I am still po'd.

hillview
08-01-2010, 11:31 AM
Wow. WOW. GEEZ. Seriously?

Yesterday at the pool, DH had DS2 and as I was helping DS1 get his crocs on he ran outside the gate with DS2. 2 mins later I get out there and no DH. I go to the car (it is the parking lot outside the gate) no DH. I walk back to the gate. No DH. I figure they went to the potty. Wait at car, no DH. Circle the lot 2x no DH. Go back to the parking space and go back to pool area. No DH. 5 mins later (not maybe 10 mins) they come out to the car. They went to the ice rink next door to watch. UM REALLY.

It was 10 mins and I was pissed. I can't imagine all day.
/hillary

LarsMal
08-01-2010, 01:49 PM
OMG- that is so scary (and so stupid of your DH).

I can't even imagine, and don't know what I would've done. It certainly wouldn't have been a fun night for DH when he got home.

Glad they were safe. I hope your DH learned his lesson.

ellies mom
08-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Or write a flippin' note! How hard is that really?