PDA

View Full Version : Eating well on $ 1 a day - challenge

momm
08-01-2010, 08:23 AM
http://www.grocerycouponguide.com/articles/eating-well-on-1-a-day/

Nice tips on grocery shopping for less

bostonsmama
08-01-2010, 10:01 AM
Wow--I just blew an hour reading that. So interesting! I wish I had catalina coupons, coupons I could load onto a loyalty card, and 2 papers and computers to print from!! I feel proud of myself when I save $11 in non-doubled coupons on a $70 grocery run.

Puddy73
08-01-2010, 03:59 PM
It was an interesting experiment, but she put more effort into the process than I'm willing to do at this point. I can't imagine dragging three kids to several different stores in 100 degree heat! Also, the grocery stores in our area do not offer many of the perks that she relied on.

Octobermommy
08-01-2010, 04:28 PM
Interesting, I wish I had those stores here. We have cvs but I have stopped with all the deals now that I had a third child.

I thought it was a women but it was a man doing the challenge. I thought that was interesting, I can't see my dh ever doing that.

momm
08-02-2010, 10:11 AM
Pretty cool huh!

BarbieSmith
08-11-2010, 09:07 AM
I did something similar for a while. But then I realized how much corn and fake food we were eating, and now we are back to paying full price for organics (and pesticide and hormone-reduced) and I am feeling better about it. Money is tight here, but the way I look at it: cancer co-payments are even more expensive (borrowed from Jillian Michaels).