PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

newg
08-01-2010, 01:03 PM
At about 11am I was sitting in our recliner and got a sudden, sharp pain down the right side of my belly. It really caught me off guard and almost brought tears to my eyes. I went up to bed to lay down flat on my left side and after about 30 min the pain turned into more of a dull ache. I called my OBs office and still have not heard back (almost 2hrs now). I just took some Tylenol and I am staying on my left side.
Now with D1 I only made it to week 34, so I don't know if this is common going into week 37. I also just came off of three weeks of bedrest and have been walking around for three days now. DD2 also likes to hang out on this side too, so I guess it could be from her?

Sorry for being so long. Just looking for some insight as I wait for my OBs office to call back......

hillview
08-01-2010, 01:20 PM
I wouldn't say it is normal however for both my pg (went to 40 and 41 weeks) I had ALL SORTS of random bad pains. My OB would always tell me "it's normal" -- hope you feel better soon!
/hillary

newg
08-01-2010, 02:01 PM
So after a second phone call I finally got a call back. They think it's round ligament pain and because I was on bedrest my ligaments on the sides are out of shape. So as long as nothing else changes I should be fine.

luckytwenty
08-01-2010, 04:02 PM
I hope it's OK! I remember having lots of random aches and pains as I got closer to my due date, though not that specifically.

ThreeofUs
08-01-2010, 04:21 PM
You know, with being on bed rest, the muscles/tendons/ligaments and such that hold up your preggo belly get a bit of a rest, too. Since they're not working so hard tend to lose a little of their strength and elasticity. Soooo, it's possible you're experiencing those bits straining as they take on more load than they're used to. Kind of like round ligament pain in early pregnancy.

In fact, if it's on the side, it might just be round ligament pain....

Just a theory.